Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Xone Featured Artist LOGO CONTEST

Hello again Gary,
    I am also eager to see the competition Logo's.Xara Xtreme has become a very versatile piece of software, and it is good to see how different people use it's varied facets.Maybe some people would get inspiration from the FAA (FineART America) site.Here is one link to a really inspirational artist called Maugdo Vasquez from Guatamala http://fineartamerica.com/featured/t...o-vasquez.html .I think looking at the work of others expands our range.

Orion, not quite understood what is connection between logos and the painting ) Sorry.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Pryvet alexbozhenov, regarding your question ??? connection with painting and Logo's.The link is basically a link to an artist who has a great ability to portray science, in the form of science related people, symbols and objects. A logo has many forms , maybe a popular theme associated with the company, an object used in a profession or something symbolic that has an associative representation.The site has a myriad of different art forms and great variation in expression of idea's, also an oulet for sales of many graphic artist's work (fineart or Digital art), illustrators and other associated people.It is a good site to find new variations in which to explore and maybe apply in relation to your own work, and vice versa.I am in no way associated with the site apart from having an account myself, and if the link was out of place under this topic , i apologize. I understand that people often hijack forum's with links to other software sites , this is not my intention.

Regards Mike Geraghty

Post Re: Xara Xone Featured Artist LOGO CONTEST

Hello all, Just had a quick look at the Logo contest entries on Xara Xone, quite a good variation of ideas.Just wondering how you vote for people, as i am new to the forum .

Mike Geraghty.
    Last edited by Orion20036; 01 September 2008 at 04:19 AM.

http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/sep08/index.html
    So, here's how the contest will work. Look at each entry. Then vote in the TalkGraphics > Extreme Conference thread for your favorite. Use the number at the top of the page instead of the designers name.

Any questions?
    Yes just one. Why did you spell 'Extreme'

Also - in the truer spirit of a comp like this - the artists name should really not be present or known until there is a result.
    What say you Gary??

mAYbe I'm juSt tiREd, but I can't find anything that says 'Xtreme Conference'.
    I wanted to vote for Design 13 but I don't know how.
    True love is the ultimate truth

'Xtreme Conference' being the way Gary refers to the Xara Xtreme forum[s] on TG I guess he will be posting a voting thread here? - I can't see one at present either....

EDIT: removed duplication of point 1 of steve's post #25 - off to get coffee..
    Last edited by handrawn; 01 September 2008 at 07:51 AM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Yes that's what I was quoting Steve.

Gary,

You didn't include my sample )))
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

YO - me not awake this morning
    -------------------------------