Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Has anyone out there set up an e commerce shop using Flash ? I have developed a shop which passes the correct variables etc and gives all required information. I can get it to send me an email with the order details etc. What I require is an ISP who can impliment the shop & supply a secure server service for credit card transactions. Has anyone any experience in this field ?

The main problem I am finding is that most ISP's that offer this service either want you to use there own shopping trolley programs or expect it in the form of Actinic Catalog type interface.

Any help would be most welcome.

Eric
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Has anyone out there set up an e commerce shop using Flash ? I have developed a shop which passes the correct variables etc and gives all required information. I can get it to send me an email with the order details etc. What I require is an ISP who can impliment the shop & supply a secure server service for credit card transactions. Has anyone any experience in this field ?

The main problem I am finding is that most ISP's that offer this service either want you to use there own shopping trolley programs or expect it in the form of Actinic Catalog type interface.

Any help would be most welcome.

Eric
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

If all you're talking about is putting a custom CGI on a secure server, then most ISPs will let you do that. If you're talking about actually making a payment gateway that does credit card verification and what-not, they will ask you to use your system, or pay them tons of money to cover the costs of a new system. If they allow custom CGI scripts, then just go that route. Just tell them that you need to have certain pages and scripts on a secure site - you'll probably have to purchase the site certificate, but they can usually provide you with the secure server software, CGI package and the hardware, etc. Just tell them you need a secure server because you have private information that customers will submit to you via a CGI script. That should be enough for them.

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

<pre><font face="courier" size="2">,-----------------------------.

| Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math |

| Graphic/Multimedia Designer |

| ICQ#: 39102360 |

| Medius Communications, Inc. |

| http://www.medius.com |

`-----------------------------'</font></pre>
    Moderator - i/us Flash Forum
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO
    9 Story Entertainment
    http://www.9story.com
    IP

Thankyou for your help Deep. What you've stated is pretty much what I've found. A CGI pathway is'nt adequate as I also need credit card clearance. I was wondering if someone had used Flash to collect the order but passed on just the credit card total amount details to the likes of World Pay for acceptance.
    Thanks again
    Egg
    Egg

IP

Does WorldPay provide an API or any custom software, etc.? If so, you might be able to create a CGI application which hooks into their apps on their own server - will they allow you to host your gateway on their machines (like an ASP model?)

hth,
    Deep (just a guy)

<pre><font face="courier" size="2">,-----------------------------.

| Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math |

| Graphic/Multimedia Designer |

| ICQ#: 39102360 |

| Medius Communications, Inc. |

| http://www.medius.com |

`-----------------------------'</font></pre>
    Moderator - i/us Flash Forum
    hth,
    Deep (just a guy)
    --
    Pradeep Kumar Nair, B.Math
    CTO