Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Ok this is probably a dumb question...

but I'm new to all this. Ok, how do I insert a picture into a project and still be able to change the size, transparency, and so forth? The only way that I've found is to do the copy paste thing and there's a few different things I can paste it as but I can never resize the picture once I've pasted it.
    Instead, I end up doing the background to the project in Corel, saving it and opening it up in Microsoft Picture It which came on my computer, because there I can insert pictures and then do whatever I want with them.
    IP

Default Re: Ok this is probably a dumb question...

Welcome to TG,

I end up doing the background to the project in Corel, saving it and opening it up in Microsoft Picture It which came on my computer, because there I can insert pictures and then do whatever I want with them.
    Is there any particular reason you need to do this in unfamiliar software (PaintShopPro) when 'MS Picture It' does what you want?
    IP

Because Microsoft Picture It can't do everything that corel can. It's just your basic resize, do a little touch up type thing.
    IP

You can copy the image you want to insert then do "Paste as New Layer". Once the image is pasted, make sure you select the layer you pasted it to and you can then do whatever you like to the image on that layer (move it, make it smaller or bigger, change transparency, etc...). Layers are the best way to do this sort of thing. Always then save your new image as a .psp to keep the layers so you can modify them in the future.

Once you are finished with your changes, save your .psp, then export to jpeg or png or whatever. At that time PSP will merge everything together and you will not be able to easily make changes (that is why you keep the .psp with all the layers intact).

Hope this helps
    Joe
    IP