Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Joining large amounts of lines, quick

I've been trying to use this somewhat unintuitive program for about a month now and I still can't join lines in a quick manner to form a shape, which can be filled.

I've tried googling for tutorials on this, but they basically all say that two endpoints have to be joined. I have finally somewhat mastered this by first drawing with the pen or line tool and then using direct-selection tool, then join.

While the pen tool allows you to continue on the anchor point, I think, the line tool just forms a separate line. Most of the time I want to move around the entire line drawn with the pen tool too before forming the shape, so I just want to join the separate (small) shapes at the very end of the drawing process.

The problem: Is there a way to quickly join a set of lines, so that I won't have to sit and laboriously join each individual line segment in a large drawing?

If I just box-select a large amount of lines, I get the normal "You need to select two endpoints or else I'll come to your house and shank your dog". The other alternative is the Live Paint-tool, which is too inflexible. So, is there a solution for this?
    Last edited by wallstreetfight; 03 August 2008 at 02:14 PM.
    IP