Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thx everyone for the comments,i'm still a bit hungover but my braincells are slowly wakin up.

I'm gonna try all the programs I've heard of here,I only have one problem I don't know all the shortcuts people use for the programs names like C4D (cinema 4d).took me awhile to figure that one out.

Here are some of the programs I already have.
    Art rage
    Blender
    bryce 5
    poser 5
    rhino
    silo
    sketchup 4
    wings 3d
    zbrush
    Untill now I only tried Poser and Sketchup.
    The rest i'll try out soon.Have to say most programs are gifts for my birthday.

I have some other 3D programs but those are Architect programs and most are Dutch Home and garden programs,and are pretty old.

Okay that's all the info I have for you right now. Thx again for all the comments.

P.S. 3D classes may be a little to early for me I like to doodle around in a program first so I know my way around a bit more and this forum is a great solution when I get stuck with something, as soon as I get more relaxed in the word of 3D i'm sure i'll take some of the great 3D classes out there.

JohnLogan.

Hi John...

You have a ton of 3d apps there, and so long as you are able to create toon chars with any, then for sure, render in Poser, as you have, thus making use of Poser's ability to, um, Pose your models in different poses...

Rather than trying to fudge with the settings of various toon plugins, I would concider simply using the 3d apps to gain the scenes, and various poses, and then doing post work within a 2d editor... smudge, outlining etc...

From the looks of your paintings on your site, this method may just be right up your alley

Then again NPR ( Non Photo Realistic Rendering ) has improved some over the last year and perhaps there are some plugins which would be more precise than the ancient options at my disposal... either way, I would still very much consider a blend of strengths between 3d, as well 2d, for those Tooning needs...

Here's something I worked on today, don't really know if this is what you are aiming for... I mean there are areas in this that could certainly be improved upon, maybe the gif step could be skipped, and the texture added is purely optional, but I had some fun in 2d today, so thanks for that eh, I hope ya like it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tooningjohn.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	16832  

Happy birthday John, you have some great software.

Thats pretty cool postwork Gidgit.

Hello everyone.
    Phew this 3D stuff is a lot harder then I thought I got me a Program called ReadPlease to read all the tutorials for me(I got a headache after 6 hours of reading) Now i'm ready to show a small update.So far I like Poser and Zbrush the best, but I'm still in the starting stage so that may change later on.The Background image was made by RamWolf so I can't take credit for that, but I liked it so much I wanted to experiment with it.
    Here's the update Image.

JohnLogan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Render3.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	279.9 KB 
ID:	14593  

See, you're flying already!
    Don't worry. You'll be able to wrap your mind around it in no time. With your arsenal of 3D apps, you'll soon be coming in here with guns blazing.

wow, that looks very nice John (and Richard ) ... I agree with GMan here....

Put a dazed and confused expression on the character, and it would look like I felt when I first started in 3D. Lost in 3dSpace - lol