Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing Brushes

Ok, so I'm having problems importing brushes. I did the abr viewer and changed them to .png, but I still can't import them because it says what I'm trying to import is a newer format version and is not supported. I was able to import one package of brushes that's .abr and didn't have to change their format to .png at all. Any ideas?
    IP

Default Re: Importing Brushes

Hello Casey,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

In the past renaming an .abr file to .jbr would allow the Adobe brushes to be used in Jasc's Paint Shop Pro.

I'm not sure if it still works since Corel bought Jasc.

There was a thread recently asking the same question, but so far the person that post the question has not replied to say if it worked or not.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=33990

The newest version of Paint Shop Pro that I have it 8.1 which was the last version released by Jasc.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hello Casey,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

In the past renaming an .abr file to .jbr would allow the Adobe brushes to be used in Jasc's Paint Shop Pro.

I'm not sure if it still works since Corel bought Jasc.

There was a thread recently asking the same question, but so far the person that post the question has not replied to say if it worked or not.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=33990

The newest version of Paint Shop Pro that I have it 8.1 which was the last version released by Jasc.
    how do I change something to .jbr?
    IP

Hi Casey,

Use Windows Explorer or My Computer to view the folder where the brushes are on your hard drive.

Right click on one of the brush files that has the filename extension of .abr and from the pop-up menu select rename. If you are using Windows XP you the entire filename will be highlighted. Use one of the arrow cursor keys to move the cursor to deselect the filename. Then use the arrow keys to move the cursor to either between the . and the a of the .abr or between the a and b. Hold a shift key and press an arrow key to select the a so it is highlighted. Release the Shift key and the cursor arrow key then press the letter j then press the Enter key. The filename should now have the .jbr extension.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Renaming the extension might not do the trick - that's why the abr viewer process is recommended.

You cannot import a PNG file as a brush because it is an image file, not a brush file. However, you can open the PNG in PSP (as you would do with another image file) and then export it as a brush tip.
    IP