Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Your Mission, Should You Accept It... Malarkey

Your Mission, Should You Accept It...

is to draw a Malarkey

This thread won't help you at all, so don't bother viewing it. Just draw what you think/know a Malarkey looks like and enter it into this amazing competition.

All entries will be judged on the 31st August 2008 by a host of celebrity artists including Banksy, Damien Hirst and Grace Slick who'll get so rat-arsed as to forget to inform the winner. Everyone else will know but not the winner.

So if you've not been informed that you've won by the 1st September, then you can relax in the warm inner feeling that you're a fantastic artist and the art worlds supreme being.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 01 August 2008 at 02:26 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Your Mission, Should You Accept It... Malarkey

So here goes, one that lives two doors up the road from me ...

Edit: At least it would be here but I get a
    jpg.jpg:
    Thumbnail creation failed due to your image library not having support for this image type.
    error on attaching.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 01 August 2008 at 03:12 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg I did a test in the Off Topic forum and a jpg upload without error.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	malar-key.png 
Views:	463 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	51067  

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

This is my malarkey. In my house he goes by several different names: Not Me, I didn't do it, It was the dog, to name a few.

Name:	Malarkey.png 
Views:	462 
Size:	79.2 KB 
ID:	51069  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I'll try again.

Ah! it works. The original image was 800 pix, that's why it wouldn't accept it.

Name:	jpg.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	51075  
    Egg

When we were kids my parents always blamed "the man from Liverpool" for disasters their offspring denied any knowledge of Frances. Well at least we both see him/it as green and jolly!

And a key to a special kingdom from Sledge. A key within a key. Wouldn't that then be a Malarkeykey, of polynesian origin possibly?
    Egg

Not by the rules of this challenge,but like to share this malarky about malarky named after a malarky person.

http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/f...ewthread/3938/

Hans

well I roughed this out in one go with mouse in xara - no corrections erasing or tweaking
    maybe one day I will do something more with it .....when I have some free time again...

Name:	ma_lark_quay.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	51076  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    A key within a key. Wouldn't that then be a Malarkeykey, of polynesian origin possibly?
    It's a key manufactured by Eric Malar & Son. Therefore known as Malar 'key'...
    "Where's the Malar Key.."

Malar is infact a little known thick syrupy alcoholic liquor produced from the boiling of and then subsiquent fermenting of the 'Malarberry', the fruit from a rare tree which grows in the Northern Tropical rainforests of Eastern Australia. The berries are collected only after that have past through the digestive system of the 'Drop Bear' (A tree dwelling kangaroo known as a Drop Bear due to it's habit of jumping down from high branches to the forest floor). The Drop Bear digests only the hard crust (which protects the Malarberry from insect attack) and expells the fruit. This process is important for the successfull germination of the tiny seed at the centre of the fruit.
    The Malar Tree bears it's fruit only once each 7 years.

Due to the rarety of the Malar Tree (and sometimes difficult location), the 7 year fruiting cycle, the labour intensive task of collecting and washing the berries, followed by the lenghty cooking process in specially made ceramic coated 'Boiling' pots, then the final fermentation which takes one lunar month in temperature controlled granite lined tanks - Malar is extremely expensive.
    *Note that collectors of Malarberries are instructed to leave enough berries on the forest floor to germinate and grow into new Malar trees.

Consumed in only small amounts, the high alcohol content and special ingredients of Malar can only be tolerated by a few, infact, some say that consuming Malar will lead to profound enlightenment and for these reasons (not to mention the high cost) Malar is kept under tight lock and Key in purpose built Malar chests constructed from the wood of the Malar tree itself. To date only one locksmith produces the lock and key which secures the Malar Liqour, Eric Malar & Son. The key to the chest is known as the 'Malar Key'.
    Consumers of Malar are known for their rosey complexions and habit of grinding their teeth.

For more information on Malar see Wiki