Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Batch processing the hue?

Does anyone know of a software that allows you to batch process and change the hue of a great number of images?

Risto

Default Re: Batch processing the hue?

Hi Risto,

try the Thumbnails module of Irfanview. There is a "Batch convert" function in the File menu. This function is not only able to convert selected images into another fileformat or rename them, but also able to change their size, rotate them, change the hue, and much more....

Regards,
    Remi

I was going to suggest Irfanview too.

From Irfanview's Help Files:
    "Batch Conversion:
    Select the Output Format at bottom left. This works just like Save and Save As. The Options button lets you choose from the various file format specific save options, just like the Save and Save As dialog.

Use the Set advanced options button to apply many special operations to the images during conversion. These options are much like their versions on the Image Menu. The options are:

Crop, Resize, Change color depth, Auto adjust colors, Horizontal flip, Vertical flip, Rotate left, Rotate right, Convert to greyscale, Negative, Sharpen, Brightness, Contrast, Gamma correction, Saturation, Color balance, etc.

Hint: for Batch Resize: If you set both, width and height, to e.g. 640 and activate the preserve aspect ratio option, the result image dimensions are: width = max. 640, height = max. 640, proportional."
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

And it's possible to do it in Photoshop as well. Save the Hue-operation as an action and auutomatically run it on a batch.
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

Thanks for the input.

Remi and Keith, never realized irfran actually did that. The hues adjustment set-up (control) is a bit different than what I do in Photoshop, but perhaps the values can be converted somehow... It does work though, and it doesn't get any quicker than that.

Paul, never been able to fully automate anything with Photoshop actions.

Is it possible to create an action that (with one click):

(1) Opens all files in a designated folder.
    (2) Does the adjustments.
    (3) Saves it back in to the folder.

The best I have been able to do:

(1) Manually open all files from a folder (a pain if a lot of files).
    (2) Run a one click action: that does the adjustment, saves the files, exits the file, brings up the next one --- click again.

I mean it works, but I'm lazy... and it's a lot of files.

Again, thanks.

Risto

for batch process I use Fireworks, it is great
    Javier

Quote Originally Posted by jvila View Post
    for batch process I use Fireworks, it is great
    Wonderful, Javier! Show us how you batch run (change the hue) of a folder of images in Fireworks.

It will help a lot of people.

Risto

Risto, have you seen this application ? (PhotoELF)

Quote Originally Posted by Risto View Post
    Paul, never been able to fully automate anything with Photoshop actions.

Is it possible to create an action that (with one click):

(1) Opens all files in a designated folder.
    (2) Does the adjustments.
    (3) Saves it back in to the folder.

The best I have been able to do:

(1) Manually open all files from a folder (a pain if a lot of files).
    (2) Run a one click action: that does the adjustment, saves the files, exits the file, brings up the next one --- click again.

I mean it works, but I'm lazy... and it's a lot of files.
    Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm lazy too

But yes, this is how you can do it. It requires some clicks but should be quite intuitive and straight forward when using the automation:
    1) Create a new action and record it (start the rec-button etc), but this you know how to do.
    2) Select File > Automate > Batch...
    3) select the set where your action is saved and then select the action.
    4) select the folder where the images you want to process are saved, and select more options that fits your workflow.

It seems that you cannot save the batch settings which is a bit weird as you can save about everything else in Photoshop. I use CS2 and CS3, perhaps this is improved in CS4?
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

I think its the same? - quote from CS4 manual:

"To batch-process using multiple actions, create a new action that plays all the other actions, and then batch-process using the new action. To
    batch-process multiple folders, create aliases within a folder to the other folders you want to process, and select the Include All Subfolders option.
    "
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...