Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: New to all this 3D malarkey

Ok, so i've traced around my crest in xtreme and got a black crest now. 1st stage complete i guess.

Default Re: New to all this 3D malarky

can you post up the xar file Adey - need to check what else may need doing first
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Again: There are tutorials available, in order to help you with your first steps.

Remi

Whilst Mike's excellent tutorals are superb for the Xara3D aspect of spinning logos, this doesn't help a complete tyro to the world of graphics actually get the vector graphic ready to paste into Xara 3D, which is only touched upon in Part 2. They possibly don't know the difference between a palette knife and a bread knife and may need the occasional piece of advice to get off the ground before attempting the X3D tutorials.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

You or other Xara 3D experienced users should create another tutorial and another one: Explain tasks from different perspectives and with different verbalisations. Do it for the masses and not only for a single user with repeating the same things from thread to thread again. Link to your tutorials. Motivate new users to use them. Make their start easier. And engage Xara to change their interface, in order to avoid all these questions, especially from new users (yes, there must be something wrong in the GUI, if we see so much questions about the basic principles).

Remi

Here, here, well said remi. Mammoth task really, but still an excellent suggestion.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

and we are expected to do this for free? [joke ]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Hi all

This is where i'm at so far - not bad for a first timer, but i'm sure i have a long way to go.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Adey! Don't go away, I'm just putting the finishing touches to a tutorial Part 1, which deals with the Xara Xtreme portion of the process. Everything's fine with yours so far, 30 minutes and the tutorial will be posted.
    Saludos,
    Bob.

Here's a swift .jpg of the tutorial, and a .pdf.
    Only a rough draft, the errors will be ironed out later.
    The X3D portion will follow hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning.
    EDIT: Here is the completed tutorial, 2 .jpg files hope you like it.
    I don't seem to be able to upload the pdf files here as well as the .jpg files. please see following post
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tutorial part 1.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	178.0 KB 
ID:	51110   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tutorial part 2.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	182.1 KB 
ID:	51111  

Last edited by iamtheblues; 02 August 2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: new files