Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default New to all this 3D malarky

Hi all

Can anyone help me? Despite trying numerous programmes, ideas etc I am drawing a blank with getting my logo 3D and to spin. If anyone is experienced in this process i'd be ever so grateful if you could do this for me.

Not even sure how to upload my image on here - being a bit of a duffus!!

Hope someone can help me out.

Adey

Default Re: New to all this 3D malarky

Hello Adey,

Sorry we do not do requests for free graphics.

We are very willing to answer questions so you can create the graphic yourself.

To attach an image to a post see the thread http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=33696

To give you a starting point in making your logo read the thead http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=27395

and

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=27403
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks for your quick response and help.

I'll visit that thread that you mentioned about 'getting started'. Have tried to do an attachement, hope it's worked. Any advice on making this 3D and spin would be really helpful.

Thanks again
    Adey
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	District Badge new.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	51027  

If this is the best image you have, then I'm afraid you aren't going to get very far with Xara 3D. Firstly, you would really have to paste an image from Xara Xtreme into Xara 3D, and the poor quality of what you have cannot produce good results without hand tracing a vector image first in Xara Xtreme. Garbage in, garbage out, as they say. I have had a go at tracing your image, and it's a lot better, but you don't say if you have a program for making vectors. Here's the (non-spinning) result.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crest.gif 
Views:	356 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	51031  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Hi Bob

That actually looks really good. I do have better images of this (jpegs) but it was too large to attach to here, so I had to reduce it down and hence lost some of the quality.

Love what you did to it, if that's what you can do to garbage, can't imagine what you can do to better quality.

How would I upload a better quality jpeg for you to look at?

Adey

Quote Originally Posted by Adey G View Post
    How would I upload a better quality jpeg for you to look at?
    It's not necessary. We don't do freebies at all. The rest is up to you. Please accept this rule.

Regards,
    Remi

Remi

I am not after a freebie, just advice.

Please accept my apologies if my requests have come across any other way. I didn't ask the kind gentleman before to create something for me, that was something he did off his own back.

Maybe you could reccomend the best programme that I could purchase to create both 3d and spinning graphics.

Thanks
    Adey

Quote Originally Posted by Adey G View Post
    I didn't ask the kind gentleman before to create something for me, that was something he did off his own back.
    Adey your first post asked *anyone* to do this for you.

If anyone is experienced in this process i'd be ever so grateful if you could do this for me.
    Bill responded correctly and Remi has reminded you after you *infered* Bob might do better if you supplied a better image.

As you have posted in the Xara3D forum, it might have been assumed that you already (at least) have the trial version installed. However, it's plain you don't, so I'd recommend downloading the trial versions of Xara3d and Xara Xtreme then following some of Bills links in post #2.
    Xara software is very easy to learn and TG is the place for helpful hints and advice.

Download Xara trials

Give it a go and keep in touch.

Cheers
    sledger

Obviously it wasn't my intention to 'break the rules'. I stumbled across this site having googled so many different things.

When I checked back after my posting Bill's message had appeared, so i assumed I would get no responses. When I logged on this morning I had the design arrive from Bob and just responded to the questions he asked.

As you have guessed I am a complete novice at this and am just after help and advice as I am just trying to improve our Scout District website with the one spinning logo.

I will have a look at the software you have reccommended and follow Bill's advice.

When I get stuck i'll ask for help on here and try not to break the rules again.

Apologies if i've offended anyone, as I said when I first posted the question I wasn't aware that freebies were not allowed.

Adey

No offense taken Adey.
    It is common for online discussion forums to expect that relative rules are first read before you post.
    There is a sticky in this Xara3D forum which you may have missed which discusses a rule on requests:
    Sticky: New rule on requests (please read before posting)
    Obviously, moderators expected you to have read this.

Good luck and don't forget to post your efforts and any questions you have regarding Xara software.