Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Always get errors with WS4

I need help,

I am using WS4 with DW CS3

I have tried everything, read all the manual and yet everytime I use WS4 I get the error message 'While executing inspectSelection in WS4DisPiLocked.htm, a Javascript orror ocurred'.

Because of this I have given up on WS4 as I really do not know how to use it.

I can see the .js file I have set allthe file navigation correctly, the menus appear to work so why am I getting these dreaded error messages?

Also, how do I get WS4 to default to the folder where my files are. Each time I define the path to a specific URL the programme always starts for the same position in my file structure - meaning I have to navigate all the way to the working files each time. I cannot see how to set the 'New Project' dialogue box - where are the projects stored?

Theoretically is seems a great programme, however, at the moment I am finding it very difficulr to get to grips with.

Default Re: Always get errors with WS4

I still need help!

I decided to press on with putting a navbar into a website I am working on, the navbar looked great on my desktop but unfortunately when I load up the site to the server the navbar disappears. When I looked at the code I understand why as the images etc for the navbar appear to be stored in the Prog -> Xara ->Webstyle 4_>WSTemplates->project folder. There are also some files in the Webstyle 4 folder under documents and settings.

As these files are not in my DW site folder no wonder they are not uploaded.

How can the the image files for the navbar be placed in the DW folder prior to uploading, if so how does it get there - I am trying copy and paste and modifying the code in DW but I am sure this is not the correct way to proceed.

I have the code for WS4 in a .dwt file.

I find it very difficult to understand how to make WS4 put the files in the DW site folder.

I have a test URL at www.intaconsult.cascadingstyles.co.uk where I have temporarily lodged the site.

<script webstyle4>document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');document.write('<scr'+'ipt src="../testing webstyle 4/links.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>');/*img src="../testing webstyle 4/Links.gif" moduleid="ffffrrrreeeeddd (Project)\Links_off.xws"*/</script>

(Apologises for weird filename!)

Many thanks in advance

Martin

Default Re: Always get errors with WS4

Martin from your two posts the problem is either within DreamWeaver CS3 or you have some security program (antivirus/anti-adware/anti-spyware) causing the problem. What ever the source of the problem it is preventing DreamWeaver from completing the script to insert and copy the Webstyle 4 files.

I do not own DreamWeaver so I am unable to test for a source of the error.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update