Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is better blog system?

Hi

What is better blog system?

Thanks

Default Re: What is better blog system?

Wordpress is free and has very large support, plug-ins and etc. It can also be used as a Content Management System.

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Wordpress is one of the most popular. However if you just want to set up a personal one or a site for a friend, then I would suggest Blogger.com. It is very easy to use and can be modified to include your own graphics etc. Just my personal preference.

Have fun, whichever one of blogs you end up using.
    Joe

Thanks. Can give me url to the example wordpress blog?

Type in "Wordpress" in your Browser's address line. It should guide you to wordpress.org.

Remi

I have tried...

Typepad (1-2 month)... Expensive and slow to use... There was always something not working quite right (and that "support" was working on).

Blogger (2-3 months)... Free... No features and no extras... Hit the wall rather quickly with things I wanted to do, but which wasn't possible.

Wordpress (2 years)... Free... Unbelievable amount of resources... Sticking with popular themes and widgetized plugins if you don't wish to touch one bit of code, should be easy enough. The support system (environment) could be better organized.

The thing is that they all "work". Which is better? It depends on what you want to do, and what you know in terms of fiddling with code.

A few of the (big) blogs that I read have switched over to Drupal (I have no experience with this).

Risto

I've been testing Wordpress for a while now... large support base, a lot of themes, good documentation if you have the time and energy to go through it, a lot of tips and tricks can be found on the web and so on.

My personal tip to you if you try it out: If you got it working the way you want, then don't upgrade when a new version comes out before you know your themes, plugins and widgets will work in the new version of WP! (or to put it short: If it works, don't touch it!

My adventurous me have done that a couple of times and I had to go through plenty of work to redesign and re-install stuff - not fun!
    Paul the Gnurfmeister!
    Home: http://www.gnurf.net/v3/ | My stuff for sale: http://www.zazzle.com/gnurf* | Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pasoderholm

Like most of you people here I have tried many of these CMS or blogger programmes both live and using Localhost. The ones that I have found really easy to install was Blogger, Wordpress, Typo 3 and Joomla. So after installing comes the customising and the building here I found Joomla, Blogger, TruType? Easycms and Wordpress the best to use because of my lack of knowledge in coding both in PHP and CSS. Overall I found Joomla the best to use for me because of good support and I bought a book. But that is just me looking for software that nearly does it all for you with little coding. Having said that my host company has a service which makes it even easier for me which I am now using for one blog.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I use Google's blogger.com. It's free and extremely easy to set up without the need for a separate host. The many templates are customizable and there are tutorials for customizing even further if you so desire. I would suggest giving it a try.
    Last edited by Snow`Star; 29 July 2008 at 11:40 AM.
    Callie aka Snow`Star ~~ I Xara Web Designer!
    http://studio518west.blogspot.com

Thanks all