Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Time for an update?

- no hint from developers on installing (OR: is it working at all???)
    - no info has been published on HOW TO TRANSFER webstyle from one computer to another one (with special regard to file system difference between XP and Vista)

I thought your team is reading this forum and would answer to these questions above. Sad to recognize that they did not...

this is a user forum not a developer one

of course developers do visit it - occasionally they make comments

as far as I know webstyle has not been updated by Xara for over 4 years......

its was not therefore designed to run on Vista [how could it have been?]

there are some other threads about that might help if you do a search...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Talkgraphics is run by it's users/members not Xara developers.
    'Our Team' therefore would be regular TG members and users of Xara software.
    One of two of the Xara developers do visit the forums, but I couldn't say if they are reading every single post or not (I know I don't ).

I suggest you sign in to your account and lodge a support ticket with Xara themselves and check their Knowledge base.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 18 November 2008 at 05:56 PM.

Thanks Steve - we cross-posted

I think there's been plenty of mention and information about the likely fate of Webstyle. Although Xara have updated their KB with some help re Xara software and Vista, I think it's fair to say that they will, like any other forward thinking software developer, be concentrating on their flagship applications rather than legacy stuff.
    Xara Xtreme is now capable of HTML output and is almost certainly where the development dollar/pounds/euros are being channeled.
    As we all know, there have been no developments on WB in many years and though there have been no official announcements (to my knowledge), I suspect that any further development on WS has long been dropped.

Reckon so Steve
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...