Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Feature Request: New Vector drawing mode "Spiro"

This is work in progress towards an invitation, based on a rough idea from client.........a Spiro tool would be a joy and the end product greatly improved...........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bird with swirls.jpg 
Views:	482 
Size:	28.5 KB 
ID:	50948  

Nice work !

And don't forget clipboard stretched brushes ! They are on the right way in Inkscape and work very well together with Spiro. All Spiro and brushes results can be already easily converted to bezier shapes afterwards. Only some little program crashes but this is a developper's version ...

kindly,
    ivan

one of the nice things about the path stroking is, as well as the normal node editing you can also alter the underlying shape - adding nodes to the shape editor if necessary !

Name:	editing spiro.jpg 
Views:	466 
Size:	29.6 KB 
ID:	50950  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    one of the nice things about the path stroking is, as well as the normal node editing you can also alter the underlying shape - adding nodes to the shape editor if necessary !
    Yes, Inkscape is even more advanced than Expression in this area. Adding nodes automatically gives also a shape which fits the stroke much better.

However pressure sensitivity is lacking at the moment.

kindly,
    ivan

Hi Penny,

great work! Is it already drawn with the Spiro tool or is it created with the current tools from Xara Xtreme?

Remi

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    So cool! PLEASE TEAM XARA implement path stroking! I'm sure it's one of these things how people how people wonder afterwards how they could they lived without it!

This is really cool I have to admit and something I would like to see in XARA, CorelDraw used to have a rubber band mode, not sure if it was the same but it treated vectors similarly. Also brought up an incredible tool a while back that also makes drawing vectors very smoothly. Paint SAI has a smoothing function for all of its drawing modes including vector that puts a dampening/inertia effect on your mouse as you draw so that it averages out all the bumps and makes a really smooth line. There is a lot of innovation happening out there. Let's hope some of it makes it into XARA which used to be king of innovation.

s.g.

I must be missing something. I didn't watch the entire video, just a little past cresendo part. But I can do all that in Xpro already with the shape editor and applying a brush stroke to the line afterwards.

Name:	1s.gif 
Views:	433 
Size:	2.3 KB 
ID:	50955  
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by raynerj1 View Post
    I must be missing something. I didn't watch the entire video, just a little past cresendo part. But I can do all that in Xpro already with the shape editor and applying a brush stroke to the line afterwards.
    There two features talked about here:

#1 Path Stroking
    Instead of using preset defined brush strokes - you can create and draw custom shapes which will be then stretched along the path curve.
    Look at handdrawn post #23 - http://www.talkgraphics.com/showpost...2&postcount=23. Would be so cool to have in Xara!

#2 New Curve Type: Spiro
    This type of curve makes sure you always draw perfect rounded curves. Example: drawing a perfect S shape couldn't be any easier. The Video explains..
    Last edited by Xcellent; 24 July 2008 at 12:13 AM.