Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Making it 3D and making it spin

Greets, all. My task is to take a company logo and extrude it in XtremePro4-3D, then make it revolve. I can't seem to find how to rotate the image by using keystrokes, so that I can make one frame, copy frame, move the object a couple of degrees, and repeat, getting it to revolve 360 degrees.

Also, swf's I have made all seem to be huge, and I know they shouldn't be. If anyone knows what to do, generally, to keep file sizes small, I'd be grateful for that, too.

Thanks,
    Rick
    New York
    IP

Default Re: Making it 3D and making it spin

Hi Rick,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Animating an extruded logo in Xara Xtreme is not as easy as doing it in Xara3D6. Although it can be done.

Animation file size is most easily reduced by reducing the size of the logo and the background. You could try using the original vector shapes and not using the Extrude Tool. Extrusions are actually bitmap (raster images). Flash animations using bitmaps create larger file sizes.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Without a doubt, I would use Xara 3D6 for that job. It'll create all the frames for you and if the company buys it for you, it will easily pay for itself in the time taken in making the logo spin by conventional methods.

You can download the full 30 day demo from here.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Thanks, guys. I have already purchased the latest 3D package. I look forward to making this work.

Rick
    IP