Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Foreground color does no match chosen swatch

I am using PSP X2. I do not know what I did but my foreground and background colors on the materials palette does not match the swatch I choose. For example, I choose black Corell_14_006 that has color properties R:0, G:0, B:0 and the foreground color has the properties R:62, G:36, B:27. This type of thing happens for all of my swatches. It seams like the swatch color is being tinted with a brown on the foreground. Any ideas what I did and how I can fix it?
    Mike
    Last edited by windward mike; 17 July 2008 at 04:58 PM. Reason: forgot some info
    IP

Default Re: Foreground color does no match chosen swatch

Welcome to TalkGraphics.

I am unable to reproduce your problem. I am using X2.

Did you make any changes to any preferences or anything like that? Did you perhaps unintentionally edit the swatch? Also make sure you don't have the texture box checked.

Without seeing an example I'm just guessing.
    Joe
    IP

Default Re: Foreground color does no match chosen swatch

Well it turns out that is only one jpg that causes this issue. Earlier today I rebooted X2 several times but always opened the same jpg. I just restarted X2 and opened a different file and every thing worked as it should.
    I don't remember what I did to edit it but when I tried to change the canvas size and make it black I could not do it. It looks like the brown that was associated with the background of the jpg tinted every color I tried to use for background. I was finally able to get the flood fill tool to change the canvas to black. So I got my picture with the black canvas after much swearing and head scratching.
    Mike
    IP