Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Advice needed on creating "digital smoke"

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to PSP (I have used the full version of v7, several years ago though and various trials.), but I've been trying to follow this tutorial on creating a "digital smoke" effect (I doesn't actually look like smoke, but this is actually the effect I want), but the problem is the tutorial is for photoshop and illustrator. I've tried doing as much as I can with CorelDraw and PSP (I've used Draw for years, since version 4 so I'm pretty capable with this).. but everything I create looks pretty terrible.

Here's the link for the tutorial:
    http://psdtuts.com/tutorials-effects...-smoke-effect/

I was wondering if anybody could offer any tips (or even a tutorial) for how to create an effect that looks this good in PSP. (I've noticed that there isn't a "smart paste" in PSP, and everything I paste from CorelDraw always pastes as a raster anyway. No matter what I do.)

Regards,
    Aaron.
    IP

Default Re: Advice needed on creating "digital smoke"

Hi Aaron,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Reading the tutorial I do not see anything that cannot be done using CorelDraw and Paint Shop Pro or PhotoPaint.

Forget about "Smart Objects" for the moment because they do not exist in PSP or PhotoPaint.

When you make your blend in CorelDraw you will need to make it the size you want the final output. You need to do that because if you need to make the raster version that will be paste or opened (you could save the blend as a png with alpha) into PSP or PhotoPaint, it will become pixelated.

Which step in the Photoshop tutorial is causing you problems?

Could you post an image showing the results you have been able to achieve so far. That may help determine how we can advise you to achieve the output you are wanting.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP