Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Made this in C4D. Started out following a tutorial in the 3DAttachEZine. The images in the article weren't accurately referred to in the article, and the settings mentioned in the article weren't accurate with the work being done. It was a good tutorial, but I think the guy was trying to write the article and design the ray gun at the same time. They didn't stay in sync.

Anyway, I wondered off on my own and this is how it turned out.

For anyone that doesn't know, Buster Crabbe was the actor that played Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon in some 1930's movie serials.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raygun.jpg 
Views:	287 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	9571  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Made this in C4D. Started out following a tutorial in the 3DAttachEZine. The images in the article weren't accurately referred to in the article, and the settings mentioned in the article weren't accurate with the work being done. It was a good tutorial, but I think the guy was trying to write the article and design the ray gun at the same time. They didn't stay in sync.

Anyway, I wondered off on my own and this is how it turned out.

For anyone that doesn't know, Buster Crabbe was the actor that played Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon in some 1930's movie serials.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Looking good Bill. Love the retro look. I have glanced at the tutorial but have not found time to do it yet.

Thats a Buck Rogers gun if I ever seen one.
    Capt. Kirk would be proud.

Thanks Randy. Perhaps the tutorial will make more sense to you. I got lost after the first few paragraphs, so decided to go it on my own using the image as a reference.

Thanks Mike, Capt. Kirk and Col. Rogers would have made a good story line for an episode of Star Trek.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

oh right on Bill, wow, that looks just super... way to model... yes indeed Kirk would be right at home with one of those pop guns

Thanks Gidget. I had fun making it. I'm a Sci-Fi fan and like the old, old movies. I also like the new ones
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Soquili, nice ray-gun! I saw it in the 3dattack magazine too and want to try doing it sometime soon. It's funny because sometime during week 1 or week 2 of class I had the idea to model a ray gun but decided against it because I didn't want it to be too simple looking. I think I'm going to change the handle when I do mine because I don't care for that old revolver look that the tuturial has. I want something more futureistic and maybe have led digital lights.

-Tek