Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Red face Searchlight help.

Hi all. I'm looking to make a flash file using Xtreme. The file will basically use transparency allowing a section of an image to be shown for each frame giving the impression of a moving spotlight across the image below. I'm new to Xtreme and I am having trouble with the transparency tool....is there any way to reverse the effect of transparency? Is this the way to go or can anyone advise me on a better method?

Stu.

Default Re: Searchlight help.

Hi Stu,

If you are using a circular or elliptical transparency you can change the value of transparency for the center and perimeter nodes.

The default is to have 100% transparency at the perimeter and 0% at the center. With the Transparency Tool click the node you wish to adjust and use the transparency slide on the infobar.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Smile Re: Searchlight help.

Bill, thank you so much...I've been looking ages for that. I was looking for a reverse transparency button or something (I've got a Corel Draw mindset). I've managed to do the animation in 5 frames, but is there any way to automatically tween each frame. Yours is fluid, whilst mine is kinda jerky.

Cheers,

Stu.
    Last edited by screentec.co.uk; 17 July 2008 at 02:31 PM.

Default Re: Searchlight help.

Stu you need to name objects that you want to tween. Open the Name Gallery, it looks like a yellow tag you would attach to an article for sale. Select the object in your drawing you wish to name. In the Name Gallery click the New button. A default name will already be in the text entry box. You can use that name or type in a new name of your choice.

In my example I have two objects, the background image and then a larger black rectangle that has a circular transparency.

In the first frame I named the larger rectangle. Using the Frame Gallery I copied the frame to make frame two. This ensures the named object retains it's name in the new frame. I moved the large rectangle so the center of the transparency is over another area of the background image. Simply copy frame two and move the larger rectangle to make frame 3, etc. After making 5 distinct frames I simply copied frame 1 to make the 6th and final frame and did not move the larger rectangle.
    Last edited by Soquili; 17 July 2008 at 05:59 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Smile Re: Searchlight help.

I got it...I was moving the transparency instead of the rectangle...DOH!!
    Cheers Bill...much appreciated.

Stu.