Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3d shapes

Question 3d shapes

Hi guys would I be able to import a 3d shape done in Zbrush or 3ds max into Xara, exemple: I have a head made in Zbrush so all the angles are there, parts of that object has a metal feel and the animation that I invision on it Xara has it! Been that I could do it in Cinema 4D or 3ds max but will take a awful amount of time, for a simple animation.Other thing that I tryed to do, was import the configuration on the animation to the other software, but no luck!
    Also, I cannot find the amount of polygons used on Xara shapes so I can adjust my object to the right amount or vice versa!
    Any help will be much appreciated!

Default Re: 3d shapes

Hi Angerfist.
    X3D can only import flat vector shapes. It understands the vector's outline not its colouring etc.
    X3D can not import 3D vector objects only the outline of 2D vector objects.

As for the rest of the questions, I do not understand what you are saying.

Anas
    True love is the ultimate truth

HI

xara 3D is not a 3D modelling program - what it is, in fact, is a text editor - that works with 2D vectors - as Salaam has said.

because you can make text characters out of any 2D shape and extrude and bevel them, this is not always obvious when experts are using the program, but never the less that is what it is - so no polygons; no nodes; no sculpting; no modelling in the 3D sense, sorry - you have to flatten it to 2D which rather defeats the object of the exercise...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Guys I appreciated the replies, I got to try something for the next few days, from another resource, the main thing is we have a sphere that if I put a texture on it, it will show in both sides, can I have the other side showing a different texture, if I could do that, would solve some of my problem!

can I have the other side showing a different texture
    Surely a sphere has only one side?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Surely a sphere has only one side?
    Just call me stupid if that's what you mean; in another words how can I put a texture on the sphere that display all the way around? when spinning.
    Thanks.

AngerFist are you trying to get something like the attached image?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

well if we are going to be pedantic a sphere does have two sides 'in' and 'out' although putting a texture on one of those isn't going to help anyone

more seriously
    have a look here AngerfisT:

xara 3D: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ighlight=globe
    xara xtreme: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=25763
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Handrawn, You are the man, That's it! I made a couple vector pieces from my project that I want to animate around the head that I did on zbrush, and you came up with the solution! I still have to make some adjustments in the vectors, but I think it will work.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    well if we are going to be pedantic a sphere does have two sides 'in' and 'out' although putting a texture on one of those isn't going to help anyone
    Ok, I should have said that a sphere has only one 'face'