Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Graduated fill in background of html export

Yes, the current HTML export sucks. It's simply not possible with the current WYSIWYG approach. My tip: Don't use the HTML export filter. Instead, export your objects in indvidual graphics and use your own HTML code to create a flexible layout.

Remi

Would you please ban yourself from the HTML related topics?
    Your latest posts on this subject are all the same (as one can easily see) and non constructive.
    Thank you.
    John.

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    Yes, the current HTML export sucks.
    Non constructive, not proven, biased opinion. Just prove it (the word sucks).
    It's simply not possible with the current WYSIWYG approach.
    What exactly is impossible and why?
    My tip: Don't use the HTML export filter.
    Irrelevan advice. Question was how to use the feature.
    Instead, export your objects in indvidual graphics and use your own HTML code to create a flexible layout.
    Please explain how this can ever be an easier way? And again, code example would nice to illustrate what exactly do you suggest.

This is not the first reply of this kind. I think this forum is to help people master Xtreme not to advice them to use something else instead.
    As a moderator person you may have to pay attention to this.

Thank you again.
    John.

John, if you feel uncomfortable, please sende me a PM and we can discuss this (but remember: I'm a customer, but not an employee of Xara).

Back to topic:
    In the last post from snicho (post #10), he asks about using the current HTML export filter in order to create a endless background. You see this requirement in most modern CSS layouts. If you're searching for examples, you can find them on Magix (the new owner of Xara) homepage. They use this feature on their website together with Typo3 as a CMS, as I recommend often in my constructive posts...

To create such a page with endless background and without absolute positioned elements isn't possible with the current HTML export filter. Therefore my hint, to export the objects piece by piece and code the HTML by yourself.

Remi