Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara??

The program is priced very reasonably, inexpensive.

Don't let the price difference between Xara Xtreme and programs like CorelDraw and Illustrator fool you. It is a very capable application that includes features CD and Illy do not have.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    The program is priced very reasonably, inexpensive.

Don't let the price difference between Xara Xtreme and programs like CorelDraw and Illustrator fool you. It is a very capable application that includes features CD and Illy do not have.
    I just find it hard to believe that is so cheaply priced!..espicially if it allows me to design a website from scracth and I need no other software to attach it to!!
    I'll download xtreme and have a play around, does it offer good advice for complete beginners like i will be?...and does it also have section purely for website building etc...sorry for all the questions, but I'm getting excited!!

You may not even need the pro version (decide yourself if you need the extra features) as Xara Xtreme has most of the same functionality for an even more inexpensive price.

Don't think of it as building a website. Think of it more as creating a set of pictures that interact. They are just uploaded as a website.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Download the trial version and install. Start the program and select Continue the trial. Open the Help menu and Select Update. This will first report that there is no updates available. After that it should begin to download the help movies. On a DSL connection it may take a half hour (more or less, I've never timed it).

There are no sections, only drawing tools and the export options.

To get a feel for creating a website follow the directions in Gary Priester's May 2008 tutorial http://www.xaraxone.com/tutorials/may08/

In that tutorial Gary explains how to create a multi page website complete with pop-up and rollover button menus.

You can always ask questions here, with members all around the world there is always someone that can provide an answer.
    Last edited by Soquili; 14 July 2008 at 05:09 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Grizzly,

Xtreme is a vector drawing program that can create websites. It is not software that is dedicated to building websites.

As a vector drawing package, it is rather good at creating websites. It is however, no match for dedicated website creation software.

For many people Xtreme will be a great answer for their needs when building a website. For more sophisticated website scenarios, Xtreme does not fare so well.

In conclusion I can say:

1) Xtreme is superb illustration software.
    2) Xtreme is good at creating basic but stylish websites
    3) Xtreme is not able to import external websites, nor does it support in any way the editing of html.
    4) Xtremes website generation fits the needs of most of Xtremes user base and it may suit your needs, but it is not for everyone wanting fine control of html and support for html editing and import, or CSS support.

My advice would be to try it and be more specific about what you need from your websites and website creation software.

If you're looking for the easiest way to create basic websites, then Xtreme (and this user community) fits the bill. Just remember simplest doesn't always mean best.

Paul

Default Re: Xara??:... building a website?

It is easy
    The proof is in the pudding
    See it at www.hishtilsa.com
    all built and maintained with XARA
    I will add the XARA credit with the next update.

Default Re: Xara??:... building a website?

Xtreme is a great tool to help building the good-looking websites, no more... And I hope it would never be just another wysiwyg editor... It's late at least for a 3-5 yrs... I just feel better when surfing the net and see the real web-sites produced by pro's... Do you remember those blinking/many-colored websites? ))) I think it's a dead way for Xtreme -- just follows the many others wysiwyg editors (maybe it will be a bit longer for Xtreme just because of great drawing tools). But you have to understand what for you're going to use Xtreme... Don't think it's the best choice to produce commercial websites on the continuous basis... Maintenance troubles for your customers... No, I think no. The greatest power of Xtreme -- drawing abilities.
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC