Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Copy vector object from XARA to Flash CS3

Hi,

I design most of my work in Xara but and but use Flash CS3 for animation etc. As far as I tried it is not possible to CTRL-C a vector object in xara and CTRL-V paste the object in Flash as a vector object.

Probably is is not possible because Xara uses his own vector 'clip board' inside its own software, but it would be handy to have something (or a shortcut) like copy as SWF to clipboard.

Anybody nows a way to do this or thinks this is also a great feature or should it be filed in the category 'forget about it wish list'

Default Re: Copy vector object from XARA to Flash CS3

The best way is so export as SWF. That is what that export filter is for.

And remember, Flash does not support many things such as bevels, shadows, and gradient transparency other than Linear and Circular and Mix.

Hi Gary, that is what I am doing now indeed, I have to copy small simple objects and its a little time consuming to export that every time when making a change. swf export works perfectly.

I am not sure if Xara or Adobe would have to write a filter for a Paste Special > Flash SWF format.

It could probably be done but it would probably have to be a third party thing. Unless Dmitry....

Gary