Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: MOI and Bryce5

Default MOI and Bryce5

I have always considered myself a connoisseur of reasonably priced (cheap) and easy to learn software, and pushing them to their limits. I have a moderate need for 3D graphics and did a search of 3D graphics forum to see what I could come up with. (This is a great feature by the way, I use it all the time.) I settled on trying MOI which was a free beta at the time and the free download of Bryce5 for rendering. I have a working knowledge of engineering CAD like Unigraphics and Catia but that’s all. Some of the other software I discovered in the search had interfaces resembling the cockpit of a 747. I fell in love with MOI immediately. I have never tried any new graphic software that has impressed me so much. The interface is unbelievably simple yet can easily produce almost any shape or contour you can imagine. I’m sure it may have many drawbacks for dedicated modelers but for my modest use it seems perfect. When Version 1 was released at $195 it didn’t fit my definition of cheap but I was so pleased with it I easily parted with my money. Using Bryce for rendering may be a stretch but it does an adequate job one you get used to it which didn’t fit my definition of easy to learn either. So I ended up with an easy to learn modeler that wasn’t cheap, and a renderer that was cheap but hard to learn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragoon Display.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	50669   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dragoon moi.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	58.2 KB 
ID:	50670  

Default Re: MOI and Bryce5

Thats some very nice modeling indeed