Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Page curl effect on Xara's website

On Xara's website there is an offer advertised by the presence of a moving page corner. Mouse-overing it causes the homepage to curl forward revealing the details of the offer. I like that effect a lot! Novel and clever. That's just the kind of dynamic organic-ness that I like to see in websites. How was it done?

Default Re: Page curl effect on Xara's website

Hi,
    I believe it is one of there 'modules' from that end of Xara module store.
    Jim

A bit of digging in the source led me here Xhris.

http://www.webpicasso.de/blog/pageea...-peel-away-ad/

(PS: I got there via the flash used for the page curl: http://www.xara.com/flash/global/pageear_b.swf )

Both of these websites are dead.
    I am using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 12.3.0.46908 DL Oct 6 2016 and cannot find Page Curl in Live Effects.
    Where do I get that option?

Not sure it that has been around for a long time. And this thread was started in 2008. It seems to me this is the one that used to be included http://avbros.com/pagecurl/

It is probably compatible with Photo & Graphic Designer. Download the free demo and see if it works before you purchase it.

I am not sure but I think the filter gets installed in the Xara Picture Editor > PSplug-ins folder which is in the Program Files > Xara > Photo&GraphicDesigner folder.

It is quite a stale approach but this might work: https://www.winsite.com/Multimedia/M...ownload/366695.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Info Re: Page curl effect on Xara's website

If anyone is interested, I have created two approaches for this:

CSS - Curl.xar

The left one is pure Xara.
    The right one is CSS.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Like the fingerprint button!

Quote Originally Posted by DBoydNL View Post
    I am using Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 12.3.0.46908 DL Oct 6 2016 and cannot find Page Curl in Live Effects.
    Where do I get that option?
    AV Bros Page Curl v. 1 was free in early versions of Xara Xtreme. Around the time this thread was initiated, version 2.0 was introduced and was included as a demo. At some point -- I seem to remember when Xtreme was changed into Designer Pro -- Page Curl was dropped altogether. I have XDP 15 and still use this plugin.

The link in Gary's post goes to version 2.0. Apparently, they have not developed it since then.

I found a template in WD17 premium in the catalogue. You have to peek around. Initially I thought this was a super site but it’s not. I’ll try to find that link again. I’ve a friend who used it for a site but it was very slow. Maybe the flash component.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.