Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default access exception violation

When I use that speciial effects box with the plug symbol I get "access exception violation [serious Xara error] quit or continue/"

Is this a noted bug? If I continue Xara does not crash; the effect ust does n't happen..

Default Re: access exception violation

This is probably the sign of a bad Photoshop plug-in. When you select the tool we scan for plug-ins on your computer. So I can only suggest removing any you have installed in the Xara plug-in folder, or change the plug-in folder that we scan by using the Options dialog -> Effects & Plugins -> Setup.

Actually I mean the live effects tool. On my trial version a number of things on its menu lead to this access violation.

could be a bad install... I would remove and reinstall xara. It takes about 5 minutes and the hardest thing is represonalizing your toolbars/settings.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Weird. Today I don't get any access violations for live effects and they all work fine

I didn't reinstall or anything.

It must be that something was going on on my PC at the same time. Maybe I had photoshop open and that somehow interfered??

The live effects all work and they are great!

They take Xara to another level. In my opinion they give Xara the same technical control that used to be the sole property of Illustrator. Combined with the speed that Xara has - I now find that Illustrator's slow extrusions drive me mad - the lack of knowledge that most designers have about Xara is mystifying. Xara doesn't have scripting support, but frankly I don't expect that in my professional design life that I will ever write a script anyway and Xara's speed makes scripts a waste of timeto write. Illustrator does gel with Indesign and photoshop I suppose, if that's a reason. But Xara is so much better.

Xara has done gel for years... I think Gary has a tut or two on it. Some dating to before "gel" was in fashion. I remember a toothpaste tut from years ago.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Once again, a meaningless post from John.

Recreating Apple's Aqua Gel Capsule Effect

Create Gel Buttons (Xara produced video)

Quick Gel Button by Dai