Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default preview flash doesn't show all frames

Hi,

I made this animation in xara and when I press 'preview flash animation in browser' button, it only displays 1st & 2nd frames and not the 3rd. Any idea why is this so? I have other animations that I have made and they seem to work fine. I checked the properties etc but not sure what could be causing this?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Default Re: preview flash doesn't show all frames

Hi I just took a look at your file and I checked the frames in the frame gallery and then did the preview in the browser and it appeared that they all showed up in the browser , so I am not sure why you are not seeing them.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire
    IP

a-w, you have an image of some flowers in frames 2 and 3 but there both set at 99% transparent so they'll never be visible. Is this what your refering to?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Not the flower image but the line 'to show someone you care'. This line has transparency in frame 2 and then in frame 3 it becomes fully visible. I do not see this line at all...neither in frame 2 nor in 3.

After reading a4hire & your response, I closed all the applications, restarted my xara but still it does not work. In the GIF preview all the frames play out but not in flash preview.
    IP

You have a named object of Text Line 3 which must be in the Font Little Days - Bold that I don't have installed. I think this is causing your problems. There should only be 2 named text fields.
    Just to prove it's working I've attached a screen grab. Also try the attached xar and see if it works for you. By the way, why have you got the flowers image in there if your not using it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpg.jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	50448  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

I saved your file and it works ok...and so do my some other files that I have created the same way.

Could it be the font thats causing this issue - any idea what does synthesised mean in the font line in 'Name gallery'.

Test line 3 was for another line. I removed that frame just to post it to this forum and keep the size small. Thats how you don't see the small circle in front of this in name gallery. I deleted that from name gallery and retried. I still see this problem.

For the flower image, I want that image to be fully visible in frame 4 onwards and cake image to go to 99% transparent.
    IP

a-w,what version of xtreme are you using?
    any idea what does synthesised mean in the font line in 'Name gallery'.
    Not all fonts have Bold or Italic variants, so pre XXP4 versions just synthesised these effects.

XXP4 doesn't allow this synthesised effect.

Select the text line your having problems with and Arrange/Convert to editable shapes.

You'll need to give it a name and copy it onto the next frame etc.

This should clear up your problem if it is the font.
    Egg

IP

Ok..so it IS the font. I tried with a different font and it works fine.

I also tried the way you mentioned...where it forms a group, however, the xara flash does not support group transparencies and the preview doesn't show these. So I guess this doesn't work for me.

I must say I learned something new today. Thanks Egg!
    IP

BTW, I am using Version 3.2.4.3017.
    IP

a-w,

where it forms a group, however, the xara flash does not support group transparencies
    That's fine. Just select this new Group and Ungroup/Ungroup.

Make this a named object and it should work. I don't know why it's necessary to go through this Ungroup/Ungroup routine but it should work.
    When you get to this stage you might try "Arrange/Combine Shapes/Add Shapes"
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 05 July 2008 at 09:15 PM.
    Egg

IP