Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara Gallery Mosaic Co-operative (Beta)

I remember reading on these forums about some co-operative picture projects made up from an array of smaller pictures contributed by various artists. I thought a similar project for Xara files might be an idea.

I have set up a simple web page doing just this.
    http://www.sculptex.co.uk/xaragallery/

The images are square Xara files, rendered from the thumbnails contained within the xara files themselves.

if you want to contribute a square, simply click on it and upload a xara file. clicking on a done image downloads the xara file by default but this can be changed to resumbitting by clicking the link in the bottom left hand corner.

There are no bells and whistles at the moment, so please just submit one square at a time to give others a chance.

Default Re: Xara Gallery Mosaic Co-operative (Beta)

I've tried uploading a xara file numerous times, including resubmitting and the upload fails each time.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Worked well for me.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

RonDuke - i thin i have a file size upload limit of 200k

Got it. I resized the file to meet the 200 limit.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Very neat! I have added my Kachina.
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

Thumbs up Re: Xara Gallery Mosaic Co-operative (Beta)

This is an interesting idea, it looks like an easy way to share various xar files with each other. Kudos .

That would be a good page for all the Mini-tuts... Although my submission is really just a doodle.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by sculptex View Post
    I remember reading on these forums about some co-operative picture projects made up from an array of smaller pictures contributed by various artists. I thought a similar project for Xara files might be an idea.
    Nice idea - thanks for doing it.

I think the project you were referring to was crea18 (don't go to the domain now - it's defunct with an 18+ site in residence). One of the nice features of crea18 was that it allowed collaboration between artists so that the whole thing joined up.

Be interesting to see how it develops.

Paul

thanks for the feedback.

I should probably have specified some guidelines but I thought for this initial 'beta' I would just see how it went.

some lovely pictures up already.

I did have in mind that it would be nice for images to join up, but thats easy for me to say, taking the initial centre square!

A few things I have learned from this experience that I will put in place for the next? version.
    * specify some basic guidelines for submissions
    - max file size
    - should/should not only join on to existing squares (could be enforced programatically)
    - should/should not attempt to blend in with adjacent existing squares, etc.
    * allow/disallow changing of existing files
    - possibly have a login/password for each file plus a status, draft/final (obviously when set to final then no more changes can be made)
    * have author information for each file, possibly go to a seperate page on clicking the file with the full info, webpage links plus link to download etc. (summary info could just be on a mouseover/alt tag)
    * programatically, create a thumbnail for each file on submission rather that dynamically create on the fly to conserve server resources.
    * some legal T&Cs, I accept no responsibility etc.

One idea I had which might look nice is that starting at one corner, all submissions should attempt to merge with adjacent submissions, and at the opposite corner they specifically should not merge. i also though of having 2 seperate mosaics, one which merges and another which does not but the xara community is not that big, so probably better to concentrate on one.

any suggestions welcome.