Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Integrating an Email or Information Form

Into Xara when exporting as a Website/HTML?

I am writing my web form using ASP.Net and VB.Net - I need to embed the form in a small portion of one of my web pages, and am wondering how to integrate it? Is there way to do this? Is there a tutorial or an existing tread on it? Any help would be appreciated.
    Coleen
    "Tears are not a sign of weakness, they are a sign of how deeply we loved."

Default Re: Integrating an Email or Information Form

I couldn't say re ASP .net and VB.Net Coleen. You could do it via a swf created in Flash (but not XXP).
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You could do it via a swf created in Flash (but not XXP).
    Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean about doing this in Flash not XXP - I thought Xara did Flash? Am I misunderstanding your response?
    Coleen

I think Egg means that while you can do basic Flash animation in Xtreme, you cannot create interactive Flash 'forms' with Xtreme. You'll need to create the flash form with other software.

That's correct. XXP can only do basic swf's, there's very little scripting that can be done. Flash has it's own scripting program, Actionscript that lets you manipulate a lot of things in the background including Input & Dynamic text. I was only mentioning it just in case you had Flash and knew how to create forms within it.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for the clarification.

I don't want to create a flash form...I can (and have) create the form using asp.net/vb.net - but I need to embed the form I have created into the HTML page I created using Xara and am wondering if I can do this?

Thanks for the help
    Coleen

You might be able load the form into your xtreme page using the previously discussed <iframe method?

The server you're on,is it windows?
    If not,PHP is the way to go.

btw here's an trick for the flicker in an Iframe
    http://codesnippets.joyent.com/posts/show/863

Or make the Iframe background transparent like so;

allowtransparency="true" add this line into the iframetag looking like this
    Code:
    <iframe name="mainframe" id="mainframe" style="position:absolute;
    left:50px;top:2px;width:849px;height:539px;z-index:7" 
    src="./page1.html" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true">
    </iframe>
    And set the background-color in the page that loads into the Iframe to transparent,either in the page or the css file(the red piece)
    Code:
    body {background-color:#ffffff; font-family:sans-serif;}
    Hans

From what I have read John did not put any form objects in the xar code. So it will have to be all hand massaged in with either another WYSIWYG program or edit the file yourself in a text editor like wordpad.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

You might be able load the form into your xtreme page using the previously discussed <iframe> method?
    Now that's an idea, and one I did think of, but haven't tried yet. It should work since in this case it's one page that needs one frame - not multiple frames that need to be embedded in one page. I will give that a try.

Egg - thanks for the clarification, unfortunately I don't have Flash - not even Silverlight (yet - I am getting ready to upgrade to .Net 3.5 with Silverlight) and I have come to the conclusion that while I absolutely love the ease and beauty of creating graphics in Xara, it's not the way to go to build really good web sites; especially when you need to have some user interaction. It would be fantastic for just a straight HTML/static site though!

I am learning, and I really do appreciate all the help and advice! Thanks to all of you for the responses. I'm off to put my form in an iframe...
    Coleen