Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default back ground issue

How do I keep xara from exporting the background when I am exporting as a gif?
    IP

Default Re: back ground issue

It is only possible using the .png format. You need to select the True Colour+Alpha option in the
    Colour Depth drop-down box in the palette Options tab when using the export function.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Export to gif and png with 256 colours or less support transparent background. In the export dialog look for a wine glass near the bottom of the dialog. If the icon looks as if it is pressed down the background will be transparent otherwise the background will be included.

I do not recall of the Linux version of Xtreme supports png with alpha channel.

One thing to keep in mind is that both png and gif files at 256 colours or less will antialias to the backround colour. That means if you have the default white background and export a transparent gif or png there will be a white fringe around the objects.

If you plan to use the gif on another background you will need to make the drawing background the same as the intended background.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

The Linux version does support the alpha channel for .png export
    IP

I stand corrected. Sorry to lead anyone up the garden path.
    I never noticed the wine glass before. That'll teach me.
    Saludos,
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

I have another issue while exporting.

I talked to Myah os about this and they had me do this.

bash-3.2# XaraLX

(XaraLX:1300): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_get_origin: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(XaraLX:1300): Gdk-CRITICAL **: gdk_window_get_origin: assertion `GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

IP