Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please

Default Help Please

Can anyone help please. I have psp 9 and my friend has psp 8. She has been trying to download one of my tubes but her psp 8 says it is not a valid psp file. Does it have to be converted or something so that she can open it please. Your help would be very much appreciated.
    Pol x
    IP

Default Re: Help Please

I don't have PSP on this computer, but is it possible to save/export the tube as a PSP8 file. That may be the simplest solution.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

See item 9 here. If you are sending her your PSP file, you will probably need to save it as PSP 8 compatible in the options when you save it. (I don't have 9, but I assume that it still has the ability to save as an older version.)
    IP

Thanks Kieth but I can't find anywhere where is says I can save it for an older version.
    Pol x
    IP

I went to item 9 and followed the link but the tube converter no longer seems to be there.
    Pol x
    IP

If you search, you will find some sites that appear to host that file. I have no idea if they are hacked versions, with malicious code in them, so be extremely careful.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by cheruba1 View Post
    Thanks Kieth but I can't find anywhere where is says I can save it for an older version.
    Pol x
    You can save the tube as a .pspimage file for an older version and then your friend can export it as a tube from her program.
    Last edited by coningham; 27 June 2008 at 11:51 PM.
    IP

Can't you also send her a PNG of the graphic, and she can easily make a tube out of it herself? I am not very familiar with tubes, but was under the impression that that is all they really are.
    IP

Just opened my PSP X

When you Save as, you get a dialogue box.
    Make sure the "Save as type" shows PSPIMAGE.
    Click Options on the dialogue box, and under Version > Save as: Choose PSP8 Compatible File.

As I said this is PSP X but I would expect the operation to be similar enough to find it easily.
    Last edited by ss-kalm; 28 June 2008 at 12:01 AM.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Just opened my PSP X

When you Save as, you get a dialogue box.
    Make sure the "Save as type" shows PSPIMAGE.
    Click Options on the dialogue box, and under Version > Save as: Choose PSP8 Compatible File.

As I said this is PSP X but I would expect the operation to be similar enough to find it easily.
    It's the same in version 9
    IP