Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: IFrames (exporting the HTML to an IFrame)

Okay, I am working on this problem again. I was able to get an iFrame to work in a new HTML document, but am still a little confused on 1 thing...

What I don't understand is how to create the iframe for all 8 buttons. In other words, I have this bit of code in my default HTML:

Code:
    <iframe src="altunha/altunha.jpg"  style="left: 163px; top: 300px; 
    width: 621px; height: 389px; position: absolute;" 
    scrolling="no" name="myInlineFrame" 
    frameborder=no>Put Altun HA text here for no image browsers</iframe>
    I am able to get the iFrame (in my test HTML pages) to insert in the correct "frame" but how do I insert the other pages into this frame on the click of the other roll-overs?

Thanks for any help, it is much appreciated.
    Coleen
    "Tears are not a sign of weakness, they are a sign of how deeply we loved."

I am able to get the iFrame (in my test HTML pages) to insert in the correct "frame" but how do I insert the other pages into this frame on the click of the other roll-overs?
    This is impossible.
    John.

What do you mean it's impossible? Maybe I'm not making myself clear. On each rollover button, you have a hyperlink to another HTML page - right? How do I get each of the HTML pages to display in the iFrame when clicked on?
    Coleen

Tell the link that it's target frame is myInlineFrame (what you called it in your example). There's a control for this in the dialog box where you specify what URL to load when you click a link.

Then when the link is clicked it will load in your iframe.

Of course, I'm saying this having just hand written an HTML file with an iframe and a link (I don't use Xara for web pages) so I'm only presuming that this will work for a xara generated page, but I can't see why it wouldn't.
    This signature would be seven words long if it was six words shorter.

To follow on with what Odat has stated. An IFrame can be the 'target' for a link.

Better information than I can give is at:
    http://htmlhelp.com/reference/html40.../a.html#target
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    This is impossible.
    Not impossible.

See attached zip example (basic basic basic).

One thing I discovered though (which may be what John is referring to) in the Web Address dialogue 'Target Frame' field, entering the name of your iframe doesn't work as expected. In other words, although Xtreme allows you to enter a unique name in the Target Frame field, the TARGET=name is NOT added to the exported html anchors.
    In other words, you also need to do this manually in the source.

John, can you fix this please

Note: I see Odat and Bill have also answered and confirmed that it should work.
    My zipped example will show that it *does* work.
    Extract and load index.htm into your browser (ignor IE7 warnings)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank you so much Odat, Soquili & Steve - I truly am extremely grateful for your help! I will try/check out your suggestions. Sorry If I am having trouble explaining myself, half a bottle of cough syrup will do that to a person!
    Coleen

When I say impossible I mean impossible.
    Steve, your example is omitting the key feature here, the rollover effects. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Coleen wanted rollover buttons to switch the iframe. Right?
    And all rollover object links are implemented with JS which only recognizes 2 destinations - this window or the new one. Actually, there are two separate scripts for this purpose. No support for iframes.
    So, as I say, it is impossible to easily implement this idea as described.
    As to the fixes. These are not fixes but implementation of the new feature. I can't say if it will be implemented and when. I only tell that it is impossible now. Though it may be possible in the indeterminable future.
    John.

Yes that is correct John, I want to link the iFrame to the click of the roll-over. However, I have seen sites that do both! Evidently they create a variable in the JavaScript and tie each page to the variable. Unfortunately, I am not proficient enough in JavaSript and haven't a clue how to do this.

So, the next best thing, I guess is to create a separate page for each "Item" that was to go in my iFrame. The only problem is that it makes it so that all the logos and graphics have to load on the click of every button! What a waste of resources!

I did, however get Steve's demo working for my "Home" page, but had not moved on to trying to link the next button to the iFrame. So, thanks for the heads-up John, I am sure I would be very frustrated trying to do this and not being able to get it to work.

I guess the other thing to do is change my roll-overs to be hyperlinks instead. Hmmm, how to make my hyperlink have the graphic embedded in it? Well, I'm off to explore my options - maybe between Xara (for the great graphics) and .Net I can get what I want...

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by Coleen; 26 June 2008 at 08:07 PM.
    Coleen

Coleen,
    However, I have seen sites that do both!
    Well, I'm sure you did. But I doubt they were made with Xtreme.
    Of course, it is possible to improve existing script to support this feature, and it is possible that this will be implemented in the following version. But I can't promise this now.
    So, the next best thing, I guess is to create a separate page for each "Item" that was to go in my iFrame.
    Yes, that's how it is supposed to be.
    The only problem is that it makes it so that all the logos and graphics have to load on the click of every button! What a waste of resources!
    Well, not necessary. If you have common elemnts in multiple pages, and they are pixel aligned within your design, there is a high chance that they will be exported as a single image for all pages. In this case they would be opened from the browsers cache making no waste of resources.
    Hmmm, how to make my hyperlink have the graphic embedded in it?
    If you have no rollover effects in your document, then all links applied to images are exported as anchor elements. If you have at least one rollover in your document, all images are exported with JS links. All text links are always exported as anchors.
    John.