Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Border management

Hi guys! I'm curious about a way to change a border around some figure. I get a border when i set transparency mode to mix or whichever gives u a border but i dont know how to change it - i mean how to change color, width and so on. Actually i'm looking for a way that would resemble border management in photoshop where you can change a lot of characteristics such as border transparency or gradient used to paint it. So please tell me the way or if xaralx doesnt have any tell me whether xara for win has. Will be waiting for your replies. Very very many thanks in advance )).
    IP

Default Re: Border management

Quote Originally Posted by Jay I. View Post
    Hi guys! I'm curious about a way to change a border around some figure. I get a border when i set transparency mode to mix or whichever gives u a border but i dont know how to change it - i mean how to change color, width and so on. Actually i'm looking for a way that would resemble border management in photoshop where you can change a lot of characteristics such as border transparency or gradient used to paint it. So please tell me the way or if xaralx doesnt have any tell me whether xara for win has. Will be waiting for your replies. Very very many thanks in advance )).
    lessee... to me, it sounds like you have a rectangular border around
    a drawing, or around a frame... this is as far as I get with your question
    Do you want to remove it ? Do you want to change it's color or size ?
    Anything like that should be easy, if you click on it... sorry, I dont have
    xaralx open in front of me, so I cant test it for you.
    If it is a simple border, you should be able to change it's width, even
    to 0.
    IP

not sure about linux but for windows:

if you wanted to give the [out]line an attribute of a shape - eg gradient color - you would need to convert it to a shape [attribute menu: convert line to shape]

however this automatically removes the fill - so:

first set your [out]line width to zero, then clone your shape so you have a copy exactly on top

set the [out]line width of the clone as required and then convert line to shape which also removes the clone fill

you now have two shapes that you can edit independently and then group

like I say - windows, I do not know if this works in linux
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Thank you guys. It's really very easy to do. I just searched for 'outline' in XaraLX help and found lots of useful information on the subject. Thanks.
    IP