Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 1638 pixel limit in flash export

I have a couple of panoramas that I am simply fading in, scrolling along quietly and fading out again. however, I am hitting a snag that as soon as I use an image wider than 1638 pixels, it does not display? even if the image is lower resolution but stretched bigger.

from experience, trying to stitch 2 images next to each other produces a visible jerky line when the images are moved.

any other ideas?
    IP

Default Re: 1638 pixel limit in flash export

Hi Sculptex, I seem to remember a thread discussing width limitations but I can't find it at present. Maybe someone else will remember. You're correct re the need to group otherwise one image is moved then the next so you get an effect like a train shunting.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

the plot thickens. I have an image streched to 20000 pixels HIGH and it works no problem as the topmost bitmap object. as soon as I put it behind other bitmap objects it starts warning me of a 4350 pixel limit. I decrease to well below 4350 pixels high and it still gives me the warning. in fact I have pinned it down to 3276 pixels high causing the warning as a background object in this instance.

I can live with a 4350 pixel limit in both dimensions as the warning suggests should be the case, but these hit-and-miss limits particularly the 1638 pixel limit are very limiting.

Egg- I managed to group 2 large images together without the join being noticable. I overlapped them slightly at max magnification as merely touching them did cause a noticable line. I think this aspect may have improved with the more recent version of flash viewer I am now using?
    IP

Sculptex, have you tried using the new Photo stitch technique? It should work very well for Flash Panoramas.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP