Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 1638 pixel limit in flash export

I have a couple of panoramas that I am simply fading in, scrolling along quietly and fading out again. however, I am hitting a snag that as soon as I use an image wider than 1638 pixels, it does not display? even if the image is lower resolution but stretched bigger.

from experience, trying to stitch 2 images next to each other produces a visible jerky line when the images are moved.

any other ideas?
    IP

Default Re: 1638 pixel limit in flash export

Hi Sculptex, I seem to remember a thread discussing width limitations but I can't find it at present. Maybe someone else will remember. You're correct re the need to group otherwise one image is moved then the next so you get an effect like a train shunting.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

the plot thickens. I have an image streched to 20000 pixels HIGH and it works no problem as the topmost bitmap object. as soon as I put it behind other bitmap objects it starts warning me of a 4350 pixel limit. I decrease to well below 4350 pixels high and it still gives me the warning. in fact I have pinned it down to 3276 pixels high causing the warning as a background object in this instance.

I can live with a 4350 pixel limit in both dimensions as the warning suggests should be the case, but these hit-and-miss limits particularly the 1638 pixel limit are very limiting.

Egg- I managed to group 2 large images together without the join being noticable. I overlapped them slightly at max magnification as merely touching them did cause a noticable line. I think this aspect may have improved with the more recent version of flash viewer I am now using?
    IP

Sculptex, have you tried using the new Photo stitch technique? It should work very well for Flash Panoramas.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP