Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Simple Machines Forum SW question

Heck of a time getting an answer to this (even on the SMF support board (probably not exotic enough of an issue... ))

If anyone is using SMF:

Is it possible to set-up SMF so that there are no real categories/boards/sub-forums = you hit the main/index page and all you see it posts?

Also, setting up guests so that they may post is easy enough --- does anyone know if it's possible to, in the core or with a plug-in to send guest posts in to a moderator que?

Risto

Default Re: Simple Machines Forum SW question

"Is it possible to set-up SMF so that there are no real categories/boards/sub-forums = you hit the main/index page and all you see it posts?"

Tiny Portal should enable said layout... it is a portal like plug, which will give you additional cms like capabilities...

"Also, setting up guests so that they may post is easy enough --- does anyone know if it's possible to, in the core or with a plug-in to send guest posts in to a moderator que?"

hmm, not sure, will try to get back to you on this one....

Risto[/quote]

I looked at it a bit more, and TP seems to be the only solution. I had hoped that I didn't have to add any big plug-ins... Guess I have to live a little -- perhaps I'll learn a little something in the process.

Looking at TinyPortal (haven't installed it yet) -- is it easy to remove / default back to standard SMF 1.1.5 install? (Without touching / restoring anything in regards to the db?)

Thanks!

Risto

It leaves stuff on the back end etc, though not that you would notice up front...install and uninstall via Admin>Main>Packages...

Ah, it ain't all everything, but it is pretty easy to use... content and discipline to maintain the site are still humanoid factors... they are working on it hehe

Got it installed sort of ok. No db errors or anything, but the options for the new plugin doesn't show up in the admin panel. Had this problem once before with another plugin --- it required unicode, and I choose to run UTF-8.

Looked around a bit. Yes, TP would do what I need, but with the annoyance that it breaks-up the current "look" too much (too fragmented).

I guess I will keep my eye out for another plug-in. As for a moderator que --- it will be part of the core funtionality of SMF 2.X.

Risto

Yea, the code thing for sure...

Thr fragmented look is stock, but yea it takes a bit to completely design so as this is not an issue...

Thanks for the heads up re v2...

have a good one Risto..