Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: browser differences -

Difficult to tell what it could be without being able to see the markup, have you got a URL for us?
    IP

Hi Bob - the url is [link removed].

Take care - jb
    Last edited by remi; 18 July 2008 at 11:38 AM. Reason: link removed
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com
    IP

As you can see in my post above, Remi has removed the link to my site - the link that I WAS ASKED BY BOB TO POST!

He called my site "A SPAM SITE."

Now, I don't know about you but I have no idea just what a 'SPAM SITE' is. I know what spam is but not a 'SPAM SITE'.

Obviously, I don't appreciate either what he did or what he said and have told him so.

Since I have no way of knowing just how much power someone like Remi has to remove a post or people from the forum and this might be my last post here, I would like to thank all that spent their time helping others learn the programs - I appreciate it. I don't, however, appreciate my site being call a SPAM SITE!

Here is his Private message to me and my reply -

Quote Originally Posted by remi
    [private mail text removed]

I BEG YOUR PARDON? SPAM SITE??? Just what are you talking about - that is one of several sites I have up and NONE of them are SPAM SITES!

If you will READ THE POST ABOVE MY LAST ONE you will notice that I WAS ASKED TO POST THE URL.

Since I have seen this done over and over on the forums I didn't think anything about it.

If you do, that is your privilege - BUT DON'T YOU EVER CALL ONE OF MY SITES A SPAM SITE IN A PUBLIC FORUM AGAIN or stand by to defend your statements.

What is wrong with you? Do you even know what spam is? Just WHAT do you consider about my site that is SPAM???

I assume someone has given you the right to just take any post off that you don't like - so be it - but don't EVER call my site a SPAM SITE AGAIN.

Thank you for your time - jim brown
    Last edited by remi; 19 July 2008 at 01:10 PM. Reason: private mail text removed
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com
    IP

Hi jb, could you plese give me your link in PM. Thanks.
    John.
    IP

Hi Jim,

I know, that you're angry, but do you think it's the right way to post it in the public forum, as long as we stay in contact via PM's?

For the public: I know, that he asked before if he could post the link. Therefore I send him a PM and said nothing about his site in the public forum.

Jim, I've send you another PM and have explained you the reasons in detail.

My previous PM was also private and not public, therefore I've removed the text in your posting above. Please don't post PM's to the public forum again.

Thank you for your understanding
    Remi
    Last edited by remi; 19 July 2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: grammar
    IP

Language differences? Spam site = Pyramid scheme? Whatever...

Here's the site: yourgooddealsplace.com (For now... Might be removed again, when discussed further).

Remi made a call, when it comes to what he perceived as questionable content. Jeb, if it's any comfort, Remi brought it up in the moderator forum to be looked at, and yes, opinions are divided... (still are).

Your link is back and your technical problem is solved. We have things to ponder...

Also, no one thinks that your intent was to use TG for promotion. However, pyramid schemes, MLM scams, gifting "circle clubs" are illegal in many part of the world, including in the UK (where I assume the TG server is located).

I'm not a lawyer... Is Xara/Magic helping promote a pyramid scheme by letting the link remain here? I have no idea...

As for now, this thread is closed (it will be looked at).

Jeb, feel free to PM me, if you have any questions.

Risto
    IP

Hello Jim.

I have analized your site and I have not found any faults that can produce wrong result. It looks correct in all major browsers including FireFox.
    From the html code I see that it was exported with html filter v.1.1.0.301 which is the version included with Xtreme CD. So you were not using neither experimental build that I was suggesting some time ago ()it's v.1.1.0.329) nor the recent patch which has v.1.1.0.341 included.
    If you have installed the patch, it is possible that the old .dll was not removed completely and is still used for export. To make sure. check if you have made any backups of the original htmlfilter.dll when you were installing experimental version. If you still have it somewhere on you hdd, you can remove it. Just make sure that your current htmlfilter.dll is in place.
    I do recommend to use the version included with the patch of course.

Good luck!
    Last edited by covoxer; 20 July 2008 at 11:35 AM.
    John.
    IP