Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default When Will Xtreme Support other Languages?

Hi .. I am a new memebr, and this is my first post.

I have been using Xara since version 1 (CorelXARA), and I always loved it for its speed, quality, stability, and ease of use. I just upgraded to the pro version of Xtream 4.0, and I still love it

However, I hate it as well becouse it still (after all this years) dose not support Arabic texts like the compitators (AI, CorelDRAW, SmartDraw, CorelDESIGNER, etc) which have bee supporting Arabic texts for many years now!! I just don't get it, why Xara do not support Arabic charecters!! Why not?

I had to buy CorelDRAW X4 mainly for its Arabic support, I type any Arabic text, select Arabic TTF that I like, Covert the text to vector line, and then copy it and paste it in Xara Xtream Pro 4.0 .... this is an everyday headech I have to have becouse Xtream dose not support Arabic charecters

Xara teams ... please make our lives, Arabic users, easy and fun .. please add Arabic support in your next update ... Thank you very much in advance .........

Default Re: When Will Xtream Support other Languages?

I agree, it would be nice to have Unicode (a) bidi text and (b) contextual glyph support in Xtreme.

It's not a simple algorithm unfortunately. Probably the quickest way to implement would be to use Windows's Uniscribe library; for cross-platform one would have to use Pango.

Yes semitic text support would be invaluable.

Does any one know of a workaround?

Anas
    True love is the ultimate truth

Have you tried to copy-paste some text from Word to Xtreme?
    Or import saved RTF file?
    John.

HI,

Cut'n paste from clipborad does paste the arabic characters unproperly, but a brute force workaround exist, you have to manually reverse the character order as in XTreme they are handled as left to right.
    This is rather boring if you have to manipulate a lot of large sentences but this is acceptable for light text using right to left character ordering.

Reversing the character order ('visual ordering') does workaround the bidi problem, but you still don't get the nice alternative-letter-shaping stuff ('contextual glyphs') that Arabic uses, so the results for some languages are a bit primitive-looking.

Default Re: When Will Xtreme Support other Languages?

Hi Everyone .. and thanks for your feedback

I tried the revers option, but it dose not work correctly on Arabic texts!!
    Dose anyone knows other work around?? Thanks

Yasser

Default Re: When Will Xtreme Support other Languages?

Xara teams ... please make our lives, Arabic users, easy and fun .. please add Arabic support in your next update ... Thank you very much in advance .........
    xara Xtream is my best 2d app just small thins it will be the best 2d graphics app as I hope for this great program .