Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Distress?

Default Distress?

I am using a free tutorial on the distress effect on text. I create a grey rectangle, per the tutorial. Then create a bitmap, and use various coversions
    and filters to achieve a distressed look to my rectangle. My problem is when I move my rectangle on top of my text, as in the tutorial, it blocks out my text. In the tutorial, the distressed look appears on the text. I'm using Corelx3
    Does this make sense? Is there an easier way? I am at my wits end. Please HELP!
    Thanx in advance, Mike
    IP

Smile Re: Distress?

Hi Mike, can you post a link to the tutorial you are using so I can take a look?

Stu.
    IP

Default Re: Distress?

Hi Mike,

I think I understand what it is you are trying to do and there is a few ways of doing it.

Once you have created the rectangle with its distressed effects you could paste the bitmap inside the text. Covert text to curves so that it is now a shape, select rectangle > Select menu > Power clip > Paste inside container, when arrow appear on cursor click on text. This should paste the bitmap into the shape of the text. Make sure the bitmap is large enough to cover the whole area of the text. Ctrl click to edit within the container.

Another option is that once you have created the bitmap with all effects, convert bitmap to black & white bitmap, Bitmaps menu > Mode > Black & White. Select the bitmap and left click No Fill, this will make the white part of the bitmap transparent. Select the bitmap and right click a colour from your pallet to change the colour of the black parts of the bitmap. This can then also be power clipped into the container or laid over the text.

Hope one of these gives you the effect you are after.

M
    IP