I have a page out of a college yearbook that is now in jpeg & tiff.
I want to cut out EACN INDIVIDUAL photo and paste to other documents/programs ESPECIALLY WORD program.
Each photo is the same size 1.70 inches wide x 2.70 inches high.
I have discovered that I need to use the SELECTION TOOL.

The suggestion that I received is below except I am still having some issues.

If the individual pictures are the same size, here's a step that may make things simpler:
When you make a selection around one of the pictures, save that selection to an alpha channel.
Then put the first selection (individ picture) wherever...
For the next picture, load the selection from the alpha channel, do Edit Selection, and use the Move tool to move the (red) selection over the next individual picture, and so on.
This way you get all the pictures to be the same size from the start.

__________________________________________________ _____________

The issues I am still having are:

I have some steps in the solution that are not quite clear. I KNOW the files that I work with MUST be in PSP and that is no problem.
One of the issues/problems I am having is that when I save my first individual picture "wherever" I want to save it in jpeg and am having a problem in doing this...actually I am having a problem even saving it in PSP or ANY format. Where should I save it to and how would I go about saving it?

I am able to save the selection in alpha channel.

The MAIN PROBLEM I have is when I have the first photo selected I am not being successful in saving it in ANY format. Thus I am not able to continue past my first picture. Where am I missing the here?

I am able to move the red selection but do not know how to save that selected picture.
What am I doing wrong or simply not doing?

Thank you for your consideration and assistance,

silverdude

(I have PSP version 9; 10; 11 & 12 on my machine)