Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: Xara 3D crashing on export

After a couple of days looking into the log file Marse provided and comparing it with a log file from my XP system I cannot find a cause of the problem.

It seems that something on Marse's system terminates the x3d.exe without causing a system error.

I'm attaching the text of the log file from my system. Disregarding the extra data from unrelated normal processes for apps running on the two different systems, up to the point that COMDLG32.DLL calls "OleUninitialize" in OLE32.DLL they indicate X3D.exe is working correctly.

In Marse's file the last entry in the log is the call to OleUninitialize at line 1600.

In my file that call in at line 1721 and the log continues as the exported still image is created. After that the log shows an orderly shutdown of X3D.exe and the exit of the program.

My file has been zipped because at 206KB it was larger than the 200KB limit for an attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    After a couple of days looking into the log file Marse provided and comparing it with a log file from my XP system I cannot find a cause of the problem.
    Thanks to all who have suggested solutions. At this point, since I have no emails from Xara tech support regarding this, I am once again going to ask for a refund and move on.

Great forum. Wonderful people here. I've been in computers a long time and it's exactly this type of experience that both buoys and frustrates me. As with a lot of these things, the company making the product sucks and the people using it continue to astound me in their willingness to put aside their troubles to reach out to a stranger.

Many thanks,
    marse

Quote Originally Posted by marse View Post
    As with a lot of these things, the company making the product sucks.
    Very few people here would agree with that. It's unfortunate that you haven't had a better experience.

Xara is a very small company and I suspect that hasn't helped.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    Very few people here would agree with that. It's unfortunate that you haven't had a better experience.

Xara is a very small company and I suspect that hasn't helped.

Paul
    Xara is big enough to take my money. They should be big enough to support their product.

marse

I hope everything works out for you Marse, whether it is a refund or a fix.

Best Wishes.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by marse View Post
    Xara is big enough to take my money. They should be big enough to support their product.

marse
    You're right, of course.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    You're right, of course.
    I get lucky once in a while...

marse

It's be interesting to hear how this get's handled.
    Xara may in the interest of good relations offer a refund, however I do not believe they would be under any legal obligation to do so.
    I'd be inclined to maintain good karma though, to increase the chances

Unhappy Re: Xara 3D crashing on export - on LINUX too!

For general information .....
    I have what appears to be the same problem , but on Linux (Fedora 9). I installed and ran Xara Xtreme on Fedora Core 6, and was able to export several files to jpg quite happily.
    After re-installing linux, now Fedora 9, onto the same laptop I re-installed Xara Xtreme (same version, obviously) and tried to work on the same .xar files I had created previously. Now can't export, freezes in the export dialogue just after specifying the file name to save as.
    If it is occurring on both XP and Linux it is probably a bug in Xara's error-handling code rather than a particular installation.
    Does anyone know where the Xara log file is on Linux??

Default Re: Xara 3D crashing on export - on LINUX too!

Without wading back through this now very long thread, isn't it getting off topic. This is the Xara 3D forum.

I installed and ran Xara Xtreme on Fedora Core 6
    Isn't this more an Xtreme for Linux related thread? Apologies if I'm wrong but I think the waters are getting very muddied here.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host