Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Xara 3D crashing on export

HayTay,

Thanks for checking. Mozy is an online backup client. Not sure why it's having any issues but it may be because it's not running on auto. I only boot it when I need it.

I've dumped several processes, stopped a few services that I thought might be interfering, even replaced a few dlls from the cab files. Still no go.

Frustrating as hell.

marse

Have you tested your PC's RAM?

Remove it, hold it by the edges & clean the contacts with a (clean) white eraser and reseat it.
    Then test it with one of the Memory testing tools available on the bootable UBD available here.

If you have two or more sticks of RAM it's best to test them one at a time, you will have to if an error is picked up anyway, else you won't know which stick is at fault.

HayTay, those four calls are not just called from Mozyshell, but from several other dlls, too, and they all fail:

GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsAlloc") called from "DOCKSHELLHOOK.DLL" at address 0x10002ACA and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsGetValue") called from "DOCKSHELLHOOK.DLL" at address 0x10002AD7 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsSetValue") called from "DOCKSHELLHOOK.DLL" at address 0x10002AE4 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsFree") called from "DOCKSHELLHOOK.DLL" at address 0x10002AF1 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).

GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsAlloc") called from "PATROLPRO.DLL" at address 0x00D81B59 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsGetValue") called from "PATROLPRO.DLL" at address 0x00D81B66 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsSetValue") called from "PATROLPRO.DLL" at address 0x00D81B73 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsFree") called from "PATROLPRO.DLL" at address 0x00D81B80 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).

GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsAlloc") called from "MOZYSHELL.DLL" at address 0x00FA08CE and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsGetValue") called from "MOZYSHELL.DLL" at address 0x00FA08DB and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsSetValue") called from "MOZYSHELL.DLL" at address 0x00FA08E8 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsFree") called from "MOZYSHELL.DLL" at address 0x00FA08F5 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).

GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsAlloc") called from "MOZYSHELL.DLL" at address 0x00FA08CE and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsGetValue") called from "MOZYSHELL.DLL" at address 0x00FA08DB and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsSetValue") called from "MOZYSHELL.DLL" at address 0x00FA08E8 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsFree") called from "MOZYSHELL.DLL" at address 0x00FA08F5 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).

GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "InitializeCriticalSectionAndSpinCount") called from "MSXML4.DLL" at address 0x69B609AD and returned 0x7C80B829.
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsAlloc") called from "MSXML4.DLL" at address 0x69B6022F and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsGetValue") called from "MSXML4.DLL" at address 0x69B6023C and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsSetValue") called from "MSXML4.DLL" at address 0x69B60249 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).
    GetProcAddress(0x7C800000 [KERNEL32.DLL], "FlsFree") called from "MSXML4.DLL" at address 0x69B60256 and returned NULL. Error: The specified procedure could not be found (127).

According to MSDN, these calls have the following requirements, FsAlloc for instance:

Client Requires Windows Vista.
    Server Requires Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2003.
    Header
    Declared in Winbase.h; include Windows.h.
    Library
    Use Kernel32.lib.
    DLL
    Requires Kernel32.dll.

Since Marse is using XP, I would expect that these errors are not surprising, and probably not significant, especially as he is not experiencing any other serious problems. More problematic I suspect is that the Walker tool is not "injecting dwinject.dll" at the point of the error, as the MS More Information text says it should. Maybe it crashed, too!

Mike

More problematic I suspect is that the Walker tool is not "injecting dwinject.dll" at the point of the error, as the MS More Information text says it should. Maybe it crashed, too!
    Mike the walker is profiling X3D.exe but is reporting all subprocesses. Those errors are not caused by calls from X3D.exe so they are simply reported without triggering the inject dwinject.dll.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Have you tested your PC's RAM?
    I'm more of a hardware wonk than a software one so yes this was something I considered briefly. Problem is, when I have Go Live (a true mem hog), Photoshop, FTP Voyager, SwishMax, Opera, Firefox, IE, and Thunderbird (and various TSRs) running at the same time without problems I doubt I have a mem issue. But just to be safe, I ran a comprehensive set of tools on all my hardware a few days ago. All passed without issue.

It's a DLL - has to be. Something in x3d that's called on export and for whatever reason just crashes the export. Again, I can export animations, certainly a much more demanding format, without issues.

The people who designed this program could probably solve this in a matter of minutes or at least point to a set of issues to check. They just "refuse" to respond. After a few back and forth emails on Friday, they left me hanging. Granted, I'm one person among many who is having an issue with x3d but you'd think someone in that company would be motivated to try and find out why this anomaly exists.

marse

Hi, Bill, I more or less thought that, but if X3D.exe is causing the error, shouldn't the dwinject.dll still be in there somewhere? I've never used the walker before, and have no expertise with it, but it looks like a useful tool, so I am trying to follow what is going on.

Mike

Mike it does not appear to be X3D causing an error.

The cause of X3D crashing on Marse's system seems to be some other process.

It is normal to see some errors in the log and most shown in the file Marse provided are not even related to X3D but some of the modules X3D is accessing.

In the text you posted the KERNEL32.DLL is used by everything running on Windows. Dependency Walker is reporting errors encounted in KERNEL32.DLL that are being called by another application not related to X3D.

The DOCKSHELLHOOK.DLL, PATROLPRO.DLL, MOZYSHELL.DLL are services/processes running on Marse's system.

DOCKSHELLHOOK is often thought of as being spyware but there are some valid applications that use that process. In this instance it may be related to the MOZY online storage application.

PATROLPRO is a program designed to inform a users what runs on their system, and help keep the PC clutter-free.

Marse told us that "Mozy is an online backup client".

An excerpt from Dependency Walker's help file:
    Q: My application seems to run just fine during profiling, however, I see errors in the log view and red or yellow icons in the other views. Is this normal?

A: It is fairly normal to see errors or warnings during profiling. One common error seen is when one module tries to dynamically load another module (using one of the LoadLibrary functions), but the module is not found. Dependency Walker makes a note of this failure, but if the application is prepared for the failure, then this is not a problem. Another common error is when a module tries to dynamically locate a function (using GetProcAddress) in a module. Again, this is not a problem if the application is prepared for the failure. You may also see first-chance exceptions occur in the log view. If the application handles the exceptions and they don't turn into second-chance exceptions, then this is not a problem. All these cases are normal, and can usually be ignored. However, if the application you are profiling crashes or fails to run properly, then the errors may provide some insight as to what caused the problem. See the How to Interpret Warnings and Errors in Dependency Walker section for more details.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

So...any further advice or ideas on what to check? Or is this just one of those apps that finally won't run on my system. Haven't had one of those for quite some time - since Win2k. Sometimes they work themselves out - sometimes not. Hate to dump Xara but I will if it just won't work.

marse

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Mike it does not appear to be X3D causing an error.

The DOCKSHELLHOOK.DLL, PATROLPRO.DLL, MOZYSHELL.DLL are services/processes running on Marse's system.
    dockshellhook is for objectdock, a program that provides alternative program docks - it's new. Xara was crashing before I loaded it. Mozy, as mentioned, is a resident program that allows for off-site (online) backup. A kernel is resident but not active. PatrolPro is from WinPatrol - a great little prog that monitors when any program tries to add something to my start up - and much more.

Just to clarify.

I could dump them all and try Xara - worth a try...

marse

Disabled (and unloaded) Mozy, WinPatrol, Object Dock and AVG. No change on reboot. x3d still locks on export.

Just FYI.

marse