Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default painter 10 tracing paper help

right guys this is driving me nuts.
    open tiff and quick clone, do some work (even one stroke as a test.)
    close painter (save work called test)

open painter and use last file.

original traced image is not saved with riff so i open origial image and select it as clone source.

at least i can now soft clone the image back to the original but, i cannot toggle my tracing paper and it the canvas menu tracing paper is greyed out.

can the original and painted image not be made to work together again once painter is closed and saved.???????????
    IP

Default Re: painter 10 tracing paper help

anyone
    IP

One way to get round this is to add a layer above your painting and fill with the clone source and reduce the opacity so that you can see where your working. Work on your original layer(s) and delete the filled layer when finished.

Or

Open both files - clone the original again - change the clone source to the new image and fill the new clone with this image - change the clone source back again to the original. Close the first clone/painting image.

Christine
    IP

thanks christine i appeciate it, ill use the first option as the second didnt work for me

thankyou
    IP

Is this a bug in Painter 10? I have painter 9, I don't have any problem such as this.

I save the cloned image, same format as the original, usually a bmp.
    Re-open the cloned image along with the original, set the original as clone source and continue working as normal. Tracing paper operates on/off as normal.
    IP

I have a somewhat different problem. My goal with my new Painter app seemed a very modest one: to add brush strokes to a computer-generated piece of art to give it a little more warmth. I got the brush strokes laid down just fine. With the tracing paper at 10% it looks pretty much the way I wanted. Now how do I USE that image? Saving the file saves only the brush stroke layer WITHOUT the clone source, which looks pretty ugly.

If I could join the Painter image to the cloned image, or if I could save just the brush strokes with the background transparent I’d have what I need. Since I can SEE the image as desired with the tracing paper turned on, surely there’s some way to SAVE it like that. Isn’t there?

~ John Mayer
    IP