Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Help Reloading PSP X After Crash

Quote Originally Posted by Trev View Post
    If you have a copy of the paint shop pro Exe file Thats all you need as its all the installer looks for no need for the full program
    Are you saying that the Update Installer scans your entire HDD/s searching for just any (previous) psp executable (*.exe) and based on this will (from the update installer) install a fresh copy of the full version including the update?
    IP

not quiet. the installer for an UPGRADE looks for a Paint shop pro .exe if it finds one the Upgrade version will be installed if it does not find one the install is aborted.
    My only full copy is PSP 7 all the rest have been upgrades copy's. When I got a laptop I did not want to put PSP7 on it just X so copied the .exe file in to my Documents and then installed PSP x from a usb stick copy of the Electronic download
    IP

Bayden did mention 'Update' rather than 'Upgrade', so I'm assuming you are talking different things as updates are generally much much smaller, so most of the application would be missing - finding just the application executable would not be sufficient.
    Version Upgrades however are a different matter, though it would be sloppy for a developer to allow the installation of an upgrade to a whole new version based only on the haphazard presence of any previous version single executable...

Still - you say it worked for you, so I can't argue with that..
    IP

Yes He Did in reply to Handrawn's question as was it an Upgrade. A slight miss use. The problem is He can not install psp X as it is an Upgrade copy and needs to find a Previous Install of a PSP. In this case If Is HD is blank and he replies I Will zip the PSP.exe for him. Sloppy and Corel programing go together well
    IP

Actually his words were 'Update' not upgrade.

I'd be careful announcing in a public forum that you offer to distribute commercial software via email.
    IP

I cannot help with getting assistance from Corel.

I can only comment on personal experience with buying upgrades from many different companies software.

The lower price of an upgrade looks attractive but can lead to endless headaches when trying to recover from a hard drive crash.

About 10 years ago lightening destroyed my entire computer system. I bought new hardware and began installing Windows 98. Unfortunately it was the upgrade version. Pulled out the Windows 95 CD and it was also the upgrade. Eventually had to install DOS 5.1 then upgrade to 6.0 to install the upgrade to Windows 3.1 followed by upgrade to Windows 95 and eventually the upgrade to Windows 98 which was the latest version at that time. The same process was required for installing many of my other upgraded software.

Moral of story. If you go for the lower upgrade price always keep the previous version discs readily available.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

and ditto downloaded stuff - offline it to CD [or whatever] and keep it safe
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

This happened to me a couple weeks ago but i had the download version so i just downloaded it again. I'm not sure what to do if you lost your cd. hope you can figure it out
    IP