Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Simple Water problem

Hello there,

Ive been using Corel Painter X for a short while now, and i was colouring a drawing with the Simple water brush. Everything went fine, i saved and reopened every day to edit, but when i opened the .RIF today the image changed. There were dark dots in the colouring, and ive no idea why. The backup .RIF has it also, and a copy i made 2 days ago as well. I uploaded a jpeg of both versions, dont mind the purple lines in the background, theyre part of the initial sketch. Have the pixelated flaws something to do with the paint drying, or is this a bug?

Image when it was still right:

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...tie/Yoshi1.jpg

Image after the darkened edges appeared on Yoshi's right shoe, baby Mario's leg and Yoshi's eyes.

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/e...tie/Yoshi2.jpg
    Last edited by Petalcakes; 13 June 2008 at 01:00 PM.
    IP

Default Re: Simple Water problem

Somebody please help me
    IP

I think it has to do with the Wet Fringe setting in the Digital Watercolors section of the brush settings palette. Sometimes after I've reopened a document where I've used Digital Watercolors, there is more of a dark fringe around those parts of my painting than what I wanted. Maybe it's a bug.

Try lowering the Wet Fringe amount and see if that takes the dark edges away.

I hope that helps!
    IP

yeah its the wet fringe in the black lines, but the purple thing problem i think you used layers right? for some reason digital water color wont work that well on layers so i try to use it only on the canvas
    IP