Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default brush shape stuck on Cintiq 21 UX screen - MAC

Hello Everyone,

I use Painter X. With the update.

After some time painting, say an hour, the form of the brush that goes with my pen anywhere on screen, gets frozen in the middle of the screen. It just get printed there in the middle of the screen. That's all. I can move my pen and continue working while the tip of the brush is visible but a duplicate of that thing is stuck in the center of my screen. No matter the program I chose, that thing is still there so I got to quit painter to make it go. I am talking of the specific brush tip shape design that was introduced in corel x. The one that you see also the tilt of the pen for example, not only the point of the brush.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this issue?

I use: Cintiq 21 UX, 23 inch monitor, apple power pc g5 quad, 4 gig memory. The issue is in mac os tiger but also in leopard.

Thank you very much for your help!
    Alex
    IP

Default Re: brush shape stuck on Cintiq 21 UX screen - MAC

Hi,

It's the Enhanced Brush Ghost you're seeing.

I don't know of a solution other than to disable it until Corel provides a fix:

Windows - Edit > Preferences > General - uncheck the Enhanced Brush Ghost box

Mac - Painter X > Preferences > General - uncheck the Enhanced Brush Ghost box

We lived without the Enhanced Brush Ghost through many Painter versions so it shouldn't be too much of a problem not using it. Besides, it's a memory hog so when it's disabled, it may speed up your brush strokes a bit.

#
    Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley and The PainterFactory
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Chinese Proverb
    IP

Thank you!
    IP

Alex its probably the new driver, i mean i use a cintiq like you 21, and recently had problems with the new update driver, so i go back with the one they did a year agao, and works perfect on painter x, i recomend you to get the old one, remember painter its and old software, not so new to use the new things around, hope everything solves, tell me if it worked.
    IP

I'd leave the driver alone, and uncheck the enhanced Brush Ghost box as Jinny suggests first.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
    IP