Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Tiling large scale

Hi i am a newbe. I am trying to figure out how to do tiling on a large scale design. I started with a pdf and exported it as a tiff. I just don't understand the steps to have the image turn into tiles.I have coral9, illustrator demo,photo shop, photo impact12,I get so far with slice ,grids. corel will not allow me to open a canvas over 106 in. I would like to get to 196 in. Is there a setting to allow for a larger canvas? My memory is at 4gigs. My end goal is to become a bitmap .hope there is a solution. thanks
    IP

Default Re: Tiling large scale

I opened a new file in CD9, then typed in 196-196 in the width-height area to define a custom page size. 196" took just fine. I do have my setting set to inches as defaults.

Then I drew a large circle to fill the page

then clicked on print/layout and checked 'print tiled pages' here you can define how you want the pages to overlap. I've tried several settings.... you might want to start with a smaller page size to experiment but I'm not good at math so I use the simplest settings I can.

click 'apply'

If you click on print preview you'll see how many pages the printing will use and how the placement works out.

I've done this many times to produce banners etc....
    Let me know how this works out for you

inphoenix
    IP

Smile Re: Tiling large scale

thanks for the tip will let you know .we are slicing the image into tiles 16x16 which adds to the mystery.Each 1 requires a separate number.
    IP