Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Exclamation White Bar above & below flash movies

I've done a few movies and posted them on websites. I have discovered a problem with a white bar above and below the movie when I set up a web page with a solid black background. (Front Page 2003). I tried seven different variations from undersizing to oversizing the image but the white bars remain constant. Any Ideas

Default Re: White Bar above & below flash movies

Hi VideoGuy,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Without showing us your .xar file used to create the Flash it is almost impossible to determine the source of the white bars.

A guess would be there is an object or objects that extend outside the edges of your background object.
    Last edited by Soquili; 22 May 2008 at 11:05 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

You are not the only one. I have created some flash movies and I get a black line to the left and below the image.

It appears this is because the object is placed on the page inside a frame kind of like an inline frame. I have been trying to figure out how to set the border to 0 (turn the darn thing off) but I have not gotten it to work yet. I had also tried playing with the size and can make the lines wider and change from black to white as the size of the window versus the size of the movie changes but cannot get rid of the black border lines.

If someone has solved this problem, I sure would appreciate know how to do it. I am working on a site that has several Flash movies that I can creating with Xara and would like to get rid of the black lines. I am kind is desparate because I have to show the movie to one of our executives today and I know he is not going to like the black border lines (particularly since they only show on two sides).

Without a url link and the original xar file it's almost immpossible to say what's causing the lines.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

1. You could have objects outside the intended dimentions.

2. To get rid of the border change to none.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	none.png 
Views:	474 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	53327  

Another reason could be that you don't have a transparency parameter in your code script. Simply add <param name="wmode" value="transparent"> to your script.

I had this same problem with a logo for a site I just created. Everytime I would insert it using Frontpage, it would put bars on the top and bottom. I came across a HTML code on a website though that does it without the bars.

<object width="550" height="400">
    <param name="movie" value="somefilename.swf">
    <embed src="somefilename.swf" width="550" height="400">
    </embed>
    </object>

If you insert this using the "Insert HTML" option through FP, this embeds the movie without the bars. Plus allows you to size it better. Hope this helps.

Cool Re: White Bar above & below flash movies

I had the same problem.

What I did to fix it was I went into Dreamweaver and opened the template. (can be any html page too). I selected the swf and went into properties. Then I edited the scale from default to exact fit. The scaling went a bit off, but it removed the white bar. (You can fix the scaling through flash). BTW you can also select 'No Border' but that didn't work as well for me. Hope this helps!