Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Business Card Printable FIle

Yes I know, well covered and I did look at both workbooks 27 & 54. I also read over a few of the forum posts on the subject but I'm going to ask anyway.

I'm not a pro I'm just trying to help a friend who doesn't have much money. I'm not getting paid just helping if it matters. I'm using Xtreme 2 NOT the pro version. That I think may be part of the problem, if it's a problem. The ordinary version doesn't do any of the nifty crop marks, targets and bars.

So the question is when I get the card done what would be the best way for me to save this to send to my friend so they can take it to the printer with minimal headache for them to print, and hopefully not to much headache for me to get it prepared that way?

Any suggestions from those that have done this without the bells and whistles of X-pro would be much appreciated.

Default Re: Business Card Printable FIle

Hi,

Just to know,printers like to print on bigger paper.
    in this respect,don't use a bc template or such.
    Better to create your bc(8,5x5,5cm) in xara and place it in rows
    On an A4 with some white space in between(for cutting)
    Maybe you could add some dotted lines yourself where the cutting must be done.
    Then have it printed on heavyer paper and your done.
    This way you can print it yourself or selfservice copyshop
    (the cropmarks in pdf export are only in the pro version)

Hans

Or alternatively you could use an online service like VistaPrint. You can just upload your artwork (1 copy only required) and place it in there template, it's very easy to follow. I've used them several times and found the results and services excellent.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Two things that you can do Dal is to save it as a Tiff file at 300 dpi and send that. Secondly you could export it as a AI eps file but make sure there are no special effects like transparencies or drop shadows and things like that and send it but make sure also that any text is rendered as shapes.

If you don't mind everyone seeing post here and I will convert it to PDF or PM me the file and I will send it back convert to PDF with printers marks and bleed if it requires it.
    Design is thinking made visual.

I want to thank everyone for the suggestions. I will wait first and speak to my friend after she see's the printer and find out what's needed. I also need to finish doing the actual card work. I may take you up on that Albacore and I thank you very much for the offer. It's really kind of you. Whatever the turn out I will post the finished card on the forum with some sort of genaric contact info at least. I'll let you all know how it turns out. Thank you all again so much.