Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Help with spinning logo please help!!

GIF if possible please mate I want it for mobile phone wallpaper I would be so grateful if you could E-Mail or IM me the process with sreeen shots or something so I can do it myself in future.

Thanks Again
    Attached Files Attached Files

thats the xara 3D file - have you got the xara xtreme [xar] file that you were creating the text in?

good result on the logo spin
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

You can do it in Xtreme. It might take a few more steps and maybe a little more work. The animation process is not automated in xtreme.
    First you need to have your design in a new animation template.
    Or, in xtreme open a new animation template. Then import or copy and paste your design. I see you already have the text on a curve and the shield.

Open the frame gallery and you can see the different frames for the animation. For now you only have 1 frame. Copy it, then on frame 2 select the text and rotate it in the direction that you want. Then using the 3D tool you can make the shield 3d and rotate that around with the 3D tool. Now you need to keep doing this. Copy frame 2 , then on frame 3 rotate the text and the shield a bit. The whole process may take several frames to get a smooth animation. I have included 3 screen shots and will include my animation too. It is not the smoothest animation. But I only have 6 frames. I will also post my .xar file and you can save it and maybe get some help from looking at that too. Hope this helps. Then you can easily export as gif or swf.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	269 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	49231   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.png 
Views:	263 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	49232  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.png 
Views:	256 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	49233  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bruce
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Happiness is free for the taking, Please take some for yourself
    Artist For Hire

looks good Bruce - think it would be easier to get it smooth in xara3D?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by villaforever04 View Post
    GIF if possible please mate I want it for mobile phone wallpaper I would be so grateful if you could E-Mail or IM me the process with sreeen shots or something so I can do it myself in future.
    Your profile does not allow Emails or Instant Messages to be sent to you by other TG members.
    I'd like to also point out, though TG actively discourages it and it's clearly pointed out in forum rules, dogbertbh appears ready to create this logo for you. We'd actually rather see you succeed in creating it yourself, first time than have it created for free.
    Also, requesting instructions to be sent to you privately via email etc isn't useful to the Talkgraphics community, where we all should share in learning from the help provided by others. Therefore I'd really like to see any detailed tutorials posted here for everyone to benefit from.
    Remember, we are all enjoying free help and assistance at TG - it is not a one-way street.

Andover, Massachusetts, USA, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Check this out and let me know if it looks ok to you.

If so, I'll make a list of what I did.

In a previous post you said you were working in Xtreme, but the file was made using X3d.

I used Xtreme after exporting the shield animation.

I slowed the shield to 30 frames to try and get the text to smooth out a bit.

Might need to go even longer.
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 20 May 2008 at 09:45 PM. Reason: removed gif
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris

dogbertbh please use watermarking on your result rather than creating a usable result for the OP. Instructions on how you created your result are however Welcome.

Refer to Forum Rules about free graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I'd like to also point out, though TG actively discourages it and it's clearly pointed out in forum rules, dogbertbh appears ready to create this logo for you.
    According to the link you posted Sledger:

Please do not post any more requests for files in this forum. By that I mean asking for a logo or animation to be created for you or your organization.

This forum is for Xara3D users to discuss the Xara3D program and its uses. By all means ask for advice and help on using the program, or how to create an animation. That is still fine.
    TECHNICALLY It doesn't say anything about offering.
    I am not creating a logo - he's done that.

I'm not even doing the work and handing it to him.

I am just making it work and telling him how I did it so he can do it on his own.

In any case - I am definitely trying to learn this as well as help and would absolutely show everyone what I did, step by step, if it works.
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris

villaforever04. It would help if you posted your progress so far. You not really being very clear about where you're having difficulties.

For fitting text on a curve see THIS VIDEO TUTORIAL

To see how to make different parts spin in different directions download the attached x3d file.

Please note this animation is deliberately spoilt. As the rules state we do not create spinning logos etc. but try to assist members to create their own work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	astonvillaanimation.gif 
Views:	275 
Size:	162.1 KB 
ID:	49241  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 20 May 2008 at 10:11 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,

I have a TINY working knowledge of X3d and I couldn't tell you how to make those 2 spin differently based on looking at it.

:P
    -h
    ===============
    (a.k.a.) Bobby Harris